free website stats program 08 FLHX What do I have to do to use my helmet speakers? | Harley Davidson Forums

08 FLHX What do I have to do to use my helmet speakers?

escorial

I really do not need a CB or Intercom system but am looking what I would have to buy to be able to plug my helmets headset in. I see that HD has a dash for sale that has the helmet plug in it. Question is if I just bought the dash do the wires come w/ it to run to the head unit and if so would that be all I needed.

I want to stay away from aftermarket if at all possible.

TIA,
John

Anyone install this themselves? Better yet anyone have the install instructions?

TIA,
John

When I pulled this up on HD's site I found part number 77173-08. In reading the description, it doesn't list any other parts required, but you should double check that with your dealer.

77173-08
Communications Switch Kit

Allows the use of a Harley-Davidson® helmet headset on Touring models that are not equipped with the helmet headset interface. This kit contains Console Pod Assembly, Left-Hand Control Switch Assembly and Fairing Speaker Switch.

Bump Bump.... I am also interested in the answer ot this question as I am in almost the same situation. Though I already have the speaker disconnect and handel bar controls just no plug in port... At least not that I can find... Can anyone help us out?

regards,
-mike

Its all here

Harley-Davidson | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

If you would need the dash seperatly w/o the dash swicth and handlebar control you would have to speak with the dealer.

Since this is part of the CB radio set up the switch that the mention in the ad os most likly the push to talk switch.

I suspect that you got just the dash part (if it is sold seperatly) and you have everything else that is was all you need.

Bump Bump.... I am also interested in the answer ot this question as I am in almost the same situation. Though I already have the speaker disconnect and handel bar controls just no plug in port... At least not that I can find... Can anyone help us out?

regards,
-mike

Back