free website stats program 08 FLHX Speaker Upgrade (what choices) | Harley Davidson Forums

08 FLHX Speaker Upgrade (what choices)

escorial

Before I go the amp route I would like to updgrade the speakers first. I have used the Polk line in the past and Diamond Audio but was wondering what else was highly recommended.

Also what about fitment depth (tweeter hitting the grille on the dash) Is there plenty of room for a speaker that has a tweeter sticking out further then then frame of the speaker? If so are there spacers available.

In the past I have had good luck buying from J&M and Crutchfield and really liked the Polk DB 5 1/4 marine certified speakers but I'm unsure if they make a 2 ohm unit that would work.

TIA,
John

John, I upgraded my 08 FLHX with Hogtunes speakers. Made a significant difference in sound quality from OEM, and they are a direct bolt-on replacement. I have not put an amp on mine. I also undertand Hawg-wired are good, and they come with a kit that includes an amp that is supposed to be PnP.

I've done a lot of reading on several forums about this and the two most common speaker replacements are J&M and Hogtunes. Hawgwired get good reviews but are much more expensive because they are total systems.

I went with the Hogtunes and am very pleased with the difference.A fifteen minute job {half hour with a brew} and probably the best $100 Ive ever spent on a bike upgrade.

I installed Hogtunes on my 07 FLHX. Dramatic sound improvement. No distortion at high volume and still can hear the radio at 80 mph+. I called Hogtunes owner, Pez, and he was very informative and honest. Pez also backs his speakers with a no questions asked warranty. If some thing happens he will send new speaker immediatly and wait for your return. Other blogs sing his praises also.

Before I go the amp route I would like to updgrade the speakers first. I have used the Polk line in the past and Diamond Audio but was wondering what else was highly recommended.

Also what about fitment depth (tweeter hitting the grille on the dash) Is there plenty of room for a speaker that has a tweeter sticking out further then then frame of the speaker? If so are there spacers available.

In the past I have had good luck buying from J&M and Crutchfield and really liked the Polk DB 5 1/4 marine certified speakers but I'm unsure if they make a 2 ohm unit that would work.

TIA,
John

John,

Depends what you mean by "up-grade". Here is some chatter on it:

Radio sound is poor.... - Harley Davidson Community

and lots more stuff here:

Communications And Radio - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

i istalled the ARC amp and ARC speakers with the tweeters that you can adjust the direction. they are crystal clear and have so much power that i cant stand it above about half volume.easy install iam very happy i put them in.

Back