free website stats program 08 Exhaust change over for 883 | Harley Davidson Forums

08 Exhaust change over for 883

LouHD

I need some info on changing stock HD pipes on a 2008 Harley Sportster Low XL 883L. I though they were just slip on’s with a regular clamp; like my Road King has.
But there’s a cross over pipe / connection. The new pipe has the opening too go into the crossover. It’s about a 1 ½ inch hole. Also the new pipe does not have any threads on it.
In looking at the bike, how would I remove the nut from the ( crossover ) to change the pipe ? And the rest seems fine, remove two bolts & a clamp.
Any thoughts ( Help ), on this would be appreciated.
Sincerely
Lou

I need some info on changing stock HD pipes on a 2008 Harley Sportster Low XL 883L. I though they were just slip on’s with a regular clamp; like my Road King has.
But there’s a cross over pipe / connection. The new pipe has the opening too go into the crossover. It’s about a 1 ½ inch hole. Also the new pipe does not have any threads on it.
In looking at the bike, how would I remove the nut from the ( crossover ) to change the pipe ? And the rest seems fine, remove two bolts & a clamp.
Any thoughts ( Help ), on this would be appreciated.
Sincerely
Lou

Your slip ons will have the crossover ports on them you may need some sealer or new gaskets for the cross over, I have used Ultra Copper RTV to seal them

Back