free website stats program 08' Electraglide Classic Touring Evaluation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

08' Electraglide Classic Touring Evaluation

My wife and I just returned home with our 08 Classic, 14 days from Ontario to the east coast and back, nearly 7000 kms. Other than some rough roads in Nova Scotia and 13 days of rain, trip was great. Nothing but praise for this bike. Odometer reset stuck one day, (following 2 heavy rain days) but cleared up when everything dried, and have some squeal coming from the rear breaks now only issues if you can call them that. Also my wife's first long trip, she is still smiling and talking to me so what can i say...
As mentioned, credit where credit is due!

May want to take a look at this.

Rear Brake Noise 08-09 Touring - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks, did a quick search but did not see that article. The bike goes in next week for the 16,000 warranty check, will have this done.

I too recently purchased an 08 EGC just to add to the comments, I love my bike as well..no problems so far. and I even have an appointment to replace the fuel filter canister under recall even though mine hasn't given me any problems. Love the bike.

I too recently purchased an 08 EGC just to add to the comments, I love my bike as well..no problems so far. and I even have an appointment to replace the fuel filter canister under recall even though mine hasn't given me any problems. Love the bike.

Throwing money at a problem that doesn't exist, IMHO. If you didn't get a recall notice and nothing comes up when you put your VIN into the HD website, then your bike was built with the newer canister and you're good to go.

HI,
This is my first post and I could not resist bragging on my new bike. I have to agree with the review of the 2008 Ultra classic. My wife and I just finished a 3400 mile ride on our new 08 UC, traveled from Kentucky to Vemont,then over into Canada. According to my wife she was very comfortable in the passengers seat. The intercom system worked fine however the stock ear phones on the head sets produced a terrible stereo sound, and we had to quit using them for the stereo. The weather was 95 degrees when we left and averaged high 50s to low 60 with interment rain on the trip. Bike really performed well on the open road. Quick note: We just had a wind storm which was the remnant of Hurrican Ike. I was on my way home from a weekend ride when the wind storm hit. My UC was taking 35 to 50mph wind gust from the side and the bike tracked true on the interstate. I did expence shimmy when the wind caught me head on. At no time did I feel I could not control the bike, just had to watch for flying objects all around me. It seem the more I ride this bike in all types of weather the more I am impressed by its handling and stablity.This Ultra Classic was made for the open road.

Still only 9000km's on my 08 and like you have the stage one and will probably not need the oil cooler as the Temps down here in NZ are not that high, but would be interested in others opinions on this, our maximum summer temp which is in January/Feburary is about 27 celcius which I think is about 75 degrees in your temps..I think..maybe a bit hotter. Did those roads last year in my "Trip of a Lifetime", 10000 miles 13 States and a week in Canada comming in from Victoria then on to Kamloops, Banf Jasper Fernie, Whitefish then back to the States..Sorry may have got the route a bit out of order...but Canada sure was pretty and the areas around Banf and Jasper were just bloody amazing...saw my first wild bear just out of Lake Louise,,,was having a pee on the side of the road and the bushes started to move and a black bear emerged...just about went from a pee to a number 2...grin. fantastic

I have to second the Hog tune speakers , i replaced the stock fronts and rears and what a difference it made , I highly recommend them
good luck with the new ride , sounds great

Sounds like you had a great time. I wish I had the time to take a trip like that.
Maybe when I retire again, that's if I can ever retire again because I have to work in order to pay for all of these toys I own or should I say owe on.
"Ha Ha"

Back