free website stats program 07 xl 883c running hardly at all | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 xl 883c running hardly at all

What was the initial cause to put bike into shop? It appears that parts are just being thrown at bike and luck has not been on your side for bike is not repaired. As SledDog has eluded with the information provided it is unclear how to assist. Has anyone check for proper ignition module operation???????
new one was put on bike and was told original was good no change when new was put on

new one was put on bike and was told original was good no change when new was put on
initial cause was sputtering backfiring an codes for fuel injectors injected had some sort of sand in them they were replaced along with map an crank sensor an fuel pump drag from dealer an my shop was map sensor still getting power when all was unplugged so wire harness was thought to b problem so it was replaced an ran good till i picked up an needed gas after i filled tank with 93 oct went half a block an poor running came back not as bad but not good then taken to a third shop to dyne an all i here now is poss tps sensor or something inside engine that works with crank sensor i have run out of money and hope only has 7000 miles on it was also told it was a flood damage from some signs on motor

Last edited by a moderator:
After you changed the wire harness you said it ran good until you gassed up.
How long did it run good? Filling up with gas would have no bearing on how it runs.
It sounds to me like you're still chasing an electrical issue. Check your codes again and check them against the code list I posted.

Yes I was told they were good and r hooked up

Drove it directly to gas station less than half mile gased up drove half block an started to run bad again sputtering an not wanting to idle

Gas lite was on

Believe it or not it happens. When I was a service advisor at a HD dealer I was told that especially with Sportster we did not service anything older than 10 years old except for tires and oil change. Reason being was that they were to difficult to repair and sometimes all chopped up from those who could not repair them before.
Believe it or not it happens. When I was a service advisor at a HD dealer I was told that especially with Sportster we did not service anything older than 10 years old except for tires and oil change. Reason being was that they were to difficult to repair and sometimes all chopped up from those who could not repair them before.
they had 9hours on an had no answer other that a poss short because all sensors unplugged an map sensor still getting juice

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it run better when the motor is cold, versus when it's warmed up?

Seams like it after wire harness was just in shop running then I drove for gas so I ran it a little hard as the way it always seamed to run better running it hard had it for six months an would do 60 miles or so an then it would act up a little at the end of the run an one day it got worse to the point of not able to ride it first shop that did original injectors and sensors fuel pump was put in an I was told it had mud on it an was real rusty looking

Bill g,

I have two O2 sensors sitting in a box. Replaced when tracking down some error codes but they were not the problem.

Came off an '07 Dyna. Don't know offhand the part numbers or if they would work on your Sportster but if you want them they are yours for postage.

PM if interested.

Bill g,

I have two O2 sensors sitting in a box. Replaced when tracking down some error codes but they were not the problem.

Came off an '07 Dyna. Don't know offhand the part numbers or if they would work on your Sportster but if you want them they are yours for postage.

PM if interested.
just wanted to thank u for your offer i still have no clue yet but going to try to get bike back from third shop and try some of the suggestions i have gotten all have been great will keep all posted

Back