free website stats program 07 Ultra engine shuts off | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Ultra engine shuts off

nascar7613

2007 Ultra has an intermittent problem. The engine will shut off when decelerating only. Also occasionally it is difficult to start. I have to crack the throttle a little bit when it doesn't want to start right away, then it will start, but if I let the throttle go back to closed it will stall. When the bike shuts off during decel, the oil light comes on. All I have to do is hit the starter button and it starts right up. I don't have to mess with the kill switch. Also, the IAC motor makes a grinding sound when shutting the bike off, but not when I turn it on.

Are you getting any codes? My 06 Ultra had much the same issues but I was getting P0373 code (CPS). Replaced it twice but problem was still there. This week I pulled the harness (under right side of bike) and found three faults. Bike seems to be starting better and hasn't stalled since. Know more on the weekend after a 6 hour run. Good luck with yours, and let us know what you find.

I work in the maintenance industry,when troubleshooting strange and or intermittant problems I go by the mantra of (I dont know what it is but I see this one item causing a problem,replace it.) So your IAC is telling you `replace me`.That may not be your problem but the fact its really noisy is a strong possibility it is..good luck..

my 07 ultra does the same thing. first time had the intake seals replaced under warr. did it again next year and it seems that it happens more as the tank gets empty

Back