free website stats program 07 Ultra Cracked Rear Header Pipe. | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Ultra Cracked Rear Header Pipe.

DrMardo

Friday night's exibition of speed proved a little too much for my Rear Header Pipe. Immediately, I noticed a little too much muffler noise and when I stopped to check it out, saw a blue flame peeking through the crack - right at the Y.

Question - the bike is still under warranty. Is this covered under the warranty? If not, what am I looking at to replace the Rear Header pipe?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Attachments

• Exhaust01.jpg
    Exhaust01.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Exhaust02.jpg
    Exhaust02.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 38
It should be covered if it's still under warranty. It's the weak point in the system and quite a few of them break rite there in the crease.

Friday night's exibition of speed proved a little too much for my Rear Header Pipe. Immediately, I noticed a little too much muffler noise and when I stopped to check it out, saw a blue flame peeking through the crack - right at the Y.

Question - the bike is still under warranty. Is this covered under the warranty? If not, what am I looking at to replace the Rear Header pipe?

Yes, this is a common breaking point for the exhaust. The older baggers had a weak point where the rear pipe mounted by the starter the bracket would break, the important thing is to inspect and tighten all the exhaust fasteners on a regular basis:s

Ask about new style mount and see what they tell you.The newer ones have spring mounts to keep thing in perspective.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies. I will be taking the bike in tomorrow and will post the results as soon as I know something. Glad I found this site!

Yep! That IS cracked. Mine cracked toward the front of the "Y". My bike is an '03, and even though I have an extended warranty, I just went and bought a new "Y" pipe and installed it. I think it was around $150.

TQ

You could always get the Fullsac true-dual kit and get rid of that stupid y-pipe all together. Slide on a pair of slip-ons and be done with that silly exhaust set up that has the left muffler on there pretty much for show. (Take a rod and slide it into your mufflers...the right side will go in all the way...the left, maybe about 10" and hits a wall.) The backs of you thighs will definitely appreciate the relief from scorching at stop lights.

OK Guys & Girls, Great news! Warranty is covering the repairs - parts and labor - with a simple $50 deductable. Should be back on the road by this weekend. Will be looking into the Fullsac true-dual kit - sounds like a good improvement sound/performance.

OK Guys & Girls, Great news! Warranty is covering the repairs - parts and labor - with a simple $50 deductable. Should be back on the road by this weekend. Will be looking into the Fullsac true-dual kit - sounds like a good improvement sound/performance.

Fullsac makes a good unit as does Vance and Hines.

Here is something to consider if your bike is not under warranty.
After installing an exhaust system on a customers bike my dealer holds onto the exhaust pipes and keeps them for about a month for the owners. Just in case they want them back. Most of the time they end up trashing them. I got a new heat shield free just by asking for it.

So ask the dealer and see what's getting chucked out.

Back