free website stats program 07 Titan sidewinder | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Titan sidewinder

lordharold

Ok! I know it's not a Harley (laughing) but does any one know if, I am guessing it is the brain box, if the starter relay is integrated into it's what i am guessing its brain box. i have traced the starter wire back to it. and have not found anything that remotely looks like a relay. the bike just clicks when depressing start switch but if you run a jumper from starter to power the bike will start right up any ideas? everything else checks out.

Follow the green wire on the starter solenoid back to where it goes. It should be the starter relay.

thats what i am afraid of it looks to go into a clear see through electrical component that is full of circuitry

these bikes are not mechanic friendly. you have to pull apart half the bike to get to anything ( laughing hysterically)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok! I know it's not a Harley (laughing) but does any one know if, I am guessing it is the brain box, if the starter relay is integrated into it's what i am guessing its brain box. i have traced the starter wire back to it. and have not found anything that remotely looks like a relay. the bike just clicks when depressing start switch but if you run a jumper from starter to power the bike will start right up any ideas? everything else checks out.

Not sure if you are saying that you are jumping from the battery pos term to the main lug on the starter or to the start tap. If the former and you are getting just a click or a chatter (and maybe just do it anyway), I suggest removing and wire brushing both ends of both battery terminals to make sure you have good contact. Charge the battery while you are doing that.

As Glider says, you should be able to trace the wire off the start tap to the Start Relay. On the HDs it is green. See the attachment. If you have ensured that the battery cables have good connections, and you still have the problem, find the relay and replace that.

TQ

Attachments

• Starter Relay.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
Thanks guys! I had to drop the wheel and go in from the rear to look at the electrical box that was hidden and hard to get to! the starter relay was located under side of this and covered but there it was sure enough that was it! all is well again in gumpeeville! man nothing like playing hide and seek with these custom jobs my first one so now I know where they have hidden the brains thanks again Gents

Most all the softail models from HD are set up like that too with the electronics in front of the rear wheel behind the removable panel.

actually the ecm, fuse box,and system and starter relay along with the maxi fuse are located under the seat, while the turnsignal mod.,bank angle sensor, and vehicle speed sensor are located in front of rear wheel behind the debris guard on softtails

or at least to say on the new models but you are right Glider about the earlier models

Last edited by a moderator:
Back