free website stats program 07 Super Glide no speedo | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Super Glide no speedo

I have scoured the universe and still haven't found a fix for my no speedo, non-canceling, dying at stops, bike. I have the FXD '07 with speedo on tank, I have no tuner, stock pipes and K&N filter, stock engine, bike shows 5200 miles give or take a thousand?

put new sensor,
changed fluid to 75/95,
checked and cleaned all grounds,
i have 5.12v to VSS sensor connector,
removed dash and checked back of speedo,

I am ready to trade it, runs great down the road but tends to die out at stops. What else can I try besides buying new parts to see if it fixes the problem!

I have scoured the universe and still haven't found a fix for my no speedo, non-canceling, dying at stops, bike. I have the FXD '07 with speedo on tank, I have no tuner, stock pipes and K&N filter, stock engine, bike shows 5200 miles give or take a thousand?

put new sensor,
changed fluid to 75/95,
checked and cleaned all grounds,
i have 5.12v to VSS sensor connector,
removed dash and checked back of speedo,

I am ready to trade it, runs great down the road but tends to die out at stops. What else can I try besides buying new parts to see if it fixes the problem!

Welcome to The Forum http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-2362.html look here first then here http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-958.html

Hey Jack,
I did read thru those and the codes where 502 and the 505, is it possible to have a bad wire? The connectors look good, the wires are clean, I pulled the seat and traced wires, everything looks factory fresh.
I put about 85 miles on it since I changed the VSS and one time the speedo worked for 2 miles (no bumps all smooth road) and hasn't worked since.
I changed the fluid to gear oil in the tranny, but no change. Tomorrow I'll put dielectric grease on the VSS and the connector to the speedo.

I have a question as I have studied the wiring diagrams, how are the turn signal canceling system interface with the VSS?

I'm assuming the ECM serial data line feeds the tssm and speedo assy utilizes the VSS signal to cancel the blinkers while the bike is in motion?

If the problem is in the wiring or connector it must be the W/GN wire to the ECM

Hey Jack,
I did read thru those and the codes where 502 and the 505, is it possible to have a bad wire? The connectors look good, the wires are clean, I pulled the seat and traced wires, everything looks factory fresh.
I put about 85 miles on it since I changed the VSS and one time the speedo worked for 2 miles (no bumps all smooth road) and hasn't worked since.
I changed the fluid to gear oil in the tranny, but no change. Tomorrow I'll put dielectric grease on the VSS and the connector to the speedo.

I have a question as I have studied the wiring diagrams, how are the turn signal canceling system interface with the VSS?

I'm assuming the ECM serial data line feeds the tssm and speedo assy utilizes the VSS signal to cancel the blinkers while the bike is in motion?

If the problem is in the wiring or connector it must be the W/GN wire to the ECM

Any thing is possible, The VSS is tied to the cancelling of the signals along with the TSM could be as simple as a bad TSM, Hoople is the Electrician here if he cannot figure it out Harley did not consult him first, He will get you the info u need:s

I read a lot about people replacing regulators, tssm, ecm, vss, bad wires and the speedo itself!
I did replace the vss, no change, I wish I had the money to replace all the components, but I want to find the exact problem.

Thanks for you inputs

awesome, I found a dtc 501-502 diagnostics for the vss there in self help,

Jack, you sent me there but I needed to click on a button to highlight the vss test 2(1).pdf I'll attempt this on thursday Thanks.

awesome, I found a dtc 501-502 diagnostics for the vss there in self help,

Jack, you sent me there but I needed to click on a button to highlight the vss test 2(1).pdf I'll attempt this on thursday Thanks.

:s This is why as Tank says we have A Great Community here:s Good Luck and report back what you find, you fixing your bike will surely HELP some one else here

Have you pulled the console off and checked all the connectors for being snug and also checked the insulation on the wires in there.

Reason is on some models the turn signal circuits are tied into the intrument circuits and the speedo area could be causing both problems.

Ugh also can't remember where the speedo is on the SG but check that area.

You may also want to try this...
Jack up the rear wheel. Using a voltmeter, monitor the voltage on the white/green VSS wire (preferably in reference with the Black & Green wire on the VSS connector). Turn on the ignition and slowly rotate the rear tire. The logic level should go from near 0 volts to almost 5 volts, over and over again.
Also, when you checked for codes, did you ever see the word "No-rsp"? If you did, which host device sent the message.

When you probe the VSS sensor with your meter, try not to apply any force to the sensor. Try to probe the wires a little distance from the sensor.

I didn't get to the vss diagnostics yet, I jumped the gun and slapped some V&H pipes on yesterday. I believe it's a wire issue, everything works ecept no signal to ecm, I'm going to do what Hoople sugested this afternoon, will post soon.

Back