free website stats program 07 street Glide lose of idle when hot | Harley Davidson Forums

07 street Glide lose of idle when hot

andyhd1

Hi

When I run my bike hard and fast and it get s hot I lose my ldle when slowing down or stopping and I'm also getting very bad back firring when I slow down to.
The over heating program on the bike was turn of by the dealership but it's still happening and getting worse.
The dealership say they can not get it to happen for them when I bring it in 9 times in the last 2 years.
Can some one help me here? it's killing the fun of ridding the bike.

Are your plugs normal or white? My Throttle position sensor went bad and was causing the engine to run lean/hot especially on the trip back from Myrtle Beach last year. Plugs were white when I checked them. Checking resistance of the TPS showed the resistance was increasing as throttle was opened untill about about a third open, then it started to drop. A new TPS made a smooth drop in resistance from closed to full open position.

Are your plugs normal or white? My Throttle position sensor went bad and was causing the engine to run lean/hot especially on the trip back from Myrtle Beach last year. Plugs were white when I checked them. Checking resistance of the TPS showed the resistance was increasing as throttle was opened untill about about a third open, then it started to drop. A new TPS made a smooth drop in resistance from closed to full open position.

Very rarely will you see anything but a white tip on a plug in these bikes that is from mixtures. What you see now as far as color is from the fuel additives that the companies add to the fuel.

Have your dealer run your VIN number for the Torque Smoothing Download. It should have already been done, but a few bikes fell through the cracks, mine did and what a change it made. It had lost its memorey to idle before the download, by the way if it has not been done it should be free http://www.cvoharley.com/yabb2/Attachments/M1186.pdf

Hi

When I run my bike hard and fast and it get s hot I lose my ldle when slowing down or stopping and I'm also getting very bad back firring when I slow down to.
The over heating program on the bike was turn of by the dealership but it's still happening and getting worse.
The dealership say they can not get it to happen for them when I bring it in 9 times in the last 2 years.
Can some one help me here? it's killing the fun of ridding the bike.

I'm having the exact same problem with the same model and year. Did this ever get resolved, if so how?

A dirty IAC (idle air controller) stepper motor can be the cause of this. Removing air filter and squirting carb or throttle body cleaner into the hole in front of the butterfly valve often cleans it up. Also squirting into the IAC Pintle (little black point) at the 10:00 position while turning key off and on helps. There can be other causes, but this is the easy cheap one.

For what it is worth, check the caps that screw on the ends of the spark plugs make sure they are tight, and listen and feel for the snap( good connection) on the plug wires This will interrupt the ion sensing and cause erratic running more often after a hard run and may even set a code incomplete combustion

Back