free website stats program 07 Street Bob Clutch Adjustment | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Street Bob Clutch Adjustment

I didn't start it, pulled the clutch, shifted into first and tried to move it with the clutch pulled, it engaged and wouldn't move.

That IS NOT the way to find out IF the clutch will release...

It Has to be Started (NO BLIPPING)THEN squeeze the clutch lever in and HOLD it there for a slow count of 5.. It should go into gear and maybe Not Clunk...

Try That..

signed....BUBBIE

That IS NOT the way to find out IF the clutch will release...

It Has to be Started (NO BLIPPING)THEN squeeze the clutch lever in and HOLD it there for a slow count of 5.. It should go into gear and maybe Not Clunk...

Try That..

signed....BUBBIE
Downloaded a repair manual and when through it again step by step this morning, squeezed the clutch and fired it up in neutral. Dropped her into first and she went in without so much as a slight jerk.

Thanks for the help guys.

It was cold, cable is in good shape and it worked fine, no slipping or grabbing, was just getting loose. Had about 3/8" of play at the lever.

More than likely a stretched cable or just a bad adjustment. The cable adjust is all that is needed to cure that 3/8" at the lever.

Cableadjustment.jpg

clutchfreplay.jpg

The clutch needs to be spinning to break the seal between the oil and the plates

Brian

I didn't start it, pulled the clutch, shifted into first and tried to move it with the clutch pulled, it engaged and wouldn't move.

Downloaded a repair manual and when through it again step by step this morning, squeezed the clutch and fired it up in neutral. Dropped her into first and she went in without so much as a slight jerk.

Thanks for the help guys.

Lots of us, myself included, have been in your position. Glad to be of help and happy that you managed to do the repair yourself!

Take care,

Back