free website stats program 07 Sporty rides good at last! | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Sporty rides good at last!

After progressive 412 11.5 standard shocks, progressive standard fork springs with type E harley fork oil and a Mustang seat my 07 883L finally rides like it should have when it was built. The left fork has bottomed out for awhile. It had a couple ounces less fork oil than the right fork.The fork has never leaked so the factory didn't put the proper amount of fork oil in at the factory! The stock shocks have been on it's highest setting but still bottomed out with any kind of bump or going over a bridge. Don't get me wrong I love my Sporty but the stock supension is lousy at best. I weigh 195 and this bike should not have bottomed out so much. So $600 later it rides like a dream. If you are thinking about doing what I have just done, DO IT!!:newsmile093:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate you had to spend so much money to get it right, but congrats on getting her up and going! Ride safe!

I know what you mean.
My Sporty has always been smooth. I can actually see what is in my mirrors!
Through time, I added Progressive 440 shocks (then you realize the old shocks were done), Progressive front springs and the Mustang seat.

The seat was the 1st improvement and a big one at that! Most noticeable.
200 miles on the stock seat and my kidneys could feel it.
500 miles on the Mustang and I don't even feel it.

Progressive shocks were one of my early mods, primarily because I wanted to lower bike and still ride two-up. I weight 135lbs, she weighs about 120lbs and now only on speed bumps two-up, if I cross 'em too fast it drags a bit...but not bad. Different application, but same story...Progressive Suspension and their technical support are great. Nowadays, the upgrade is not that expensive if you shop around...:s

Progressive shocks were one of my early mods, primarily because I wanted to lower bike and still ride two-up. I weight 135lbs, she weighs about 120lbs and now only on speed bumps two-up, if I cross 'em too fast it drags a bit...but not bad. Different application, but same story...Progressive Suspension and their technical support are great. Nowadays, the upgrade is not that expensive if you shop around...:s

I think there may be a misprint ....Your weight.....135lbs...Are you kidding..Boy I wish I was 50lbs lighter..:p

I just put progressive springs in the front of mine. It really does ride alot better doesn't it.

Do you have some pics of the new seats??? Would love to find something with a more comfortable ride. I did 300 miles this last sat. And my butt and back were hurting the next day

^. Thanks looked at the website. However I would still like to know what exact seat was used and how it rides. Thanks guys!!!

I purchased the Mustang Studded Solo Seat (76153) for my '09 Sportster. Made a vast improvement in comfort. Am currently waiting for the 76501 pillion, for my Honey's butt, to arrive.

Back