free website stats program 07 softail custom computer tune or module | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 softail custom computer tune or module

Just re-read your first post.

It appears you're having two issues.

1) Excess heat
2) Not making the right sounds

Problem 1 isn't something I could help you with, I'm not as much of a gearhead as others here.
However, I might be able to shed some light on problem 2. You might want to sit down for this.

Our bikes are a little different than the ones we used to hear. They take advantage of more modern tech, are computer controlled, idle at higher rpms, now have fuel injection, and... run more smoothly. To have a bike that makes the right, "potato-potato-potato" sound at idle as well as the top fuel dragster music at full throttle you might have to add more parts, ( talk to Bubbie about cams, that might help ) or, get an older bike. Some on this forum say the Evo, others say the Shovel Head was the last bike to sound right. I don't know. One day I'd like to find out.

What ever your solution is, I hope you'll share it with us!

Cheers!
WAP.gif

You have a great point, I can remember my uncle pulling up on a old FLH and that thing sounded like it was a monster. I do realize the differance between the new and old, better yet the not so old carb models. The faster idle dosnt bother me as far as sound goes, I love that when we go some where that I can stand around a few more min while everyone elese is trying to warm up their bikes "LOL". Its that it sounds great accelerating, but when I drop the throttle or decellerate it dosnt sound like a harley, I know the fuelpak shuts down the injectors on decell. but you can adjust it, and when you do what they tell you to it runs bad, slugish and ratty like its got a intake leak. so I started this post to see what people thought and alot of people like the TFI. I have asked a few people and I think I might be getting on some nerves by over asking I guess. I understand that they run lean from the factory, and harley will tune them lean. So I need more fuel to richen it up a bit. What I dont understand is that is everyone that dosnt put some type of programer on their bike after they add pipes and a breather hurting thier bikes in the long run buy the computer not being able to make the nessasery adjustment to meet the needs of the extra air and exhaust? Or is it just for performance?

Don't know if you've gotten any answers yet, so, I'll post what I understand so far.

Factory Bike without any mods = lean

Factory Bike with "Stage One" Intake and Exhaust = more lean

Factory Bike with "Stage One" Intake and Exhaust, and "Stage One" download = lean, with higher redline.

Factory Bike with "Stage One" Intake and Exhaust, and Dobeck EJK or TFI = correct Air:Fuel Ratio, and, cooler running bike.

Factory Bike with "Stage One" Intake and Exhaust, Dobeck EJK or TFI, and "Stage One Download = correct Air:Fuel Ratio, cooler running bike, with higher redline.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Sorry guys been very very busy, getting ready to take a trip to south carolina. I sent the fuelpak back and it was faulty. The new one works a ton better. Changed the oil to mobile1 20-50, changed the primary to spectro GL5 six speed, and changed the primary to spectro primary for V-twin. Runs stronger as far as the fuelpak goes, but I am saving to get the TFS!!!!!!!!!! I will not buy another V&H Electronic device agin. The oil seems to make the egine cooler, six speed and primary oil I am not so shure about. I bought it cause people said it stops the clunking into gears and the whine a six speed makes but mine still clunks into gear and whines, but I do feel it is far superior to the oils that were in it. The clunk and whine dont bother me, they all seem to do it. So the bike is road ready, and I put a hundred miles on it as soon as I started it and seen it running better, made me real happy!!!!:bigsmiley11: Thanks to everyone for the support, now I need to know info on the TFS that GLIDDER was talking about.:newsmile036:

There's many threads on the TFI in this section for the reading.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

I sure hope it was a typo when you posted that you used the GL5 in the primary above, I'm sure you meant trans.

Yes my bad, I used the GL5 six speed in the tranny, and used the spectro primary lube for v twins in the primary, WOW the GL5 six speed tranny fluid is exspensive, I will have to order all my fliuds at once to save a bit of cash.:newsmile093: But the steed is up and riding!!

I felt the same about the cost of a quart of GL5 Spectro but when I saw the benefits of using it and no fuzz on the magnet at service time, the cost completely faded into the horizon.

Fuzz on the drain plug magnet is an indication of wear in the trans not to mention the fuzz which is gear material can knock out the speed sensor in time too.

Back