free website stats program 07 softail custom computer tune or module | Harley Davidson Forums

07 softail custom computer tune or module

Rhys

Whats up everyone, I want to start a post on the computer on my 07 softail. I bought a 07 softail, with the dreams of adding a loud set of pipes and cruseing up and down the streets and enjoying that beautiful sound you get when you accelerate and decellerate. I added a set of vance&hines bigshots long pipes, sceaming eagal cone style breather. I was told I needed to buy the vance&hines fuelpak for my bike so I got it. I put it on the bike and went through the modes and value twice to be shure they were correct. I fiered up the hog and wow sounds great, went for a ride and it seems to run hotter than normal, call up tec. line got new values of the net that they suggested and now my hog sounds like it has a cold," sounds like a victory motorcycle" and has less torque. Ive put several differnt values in this fuelpak and Im realy not happy with it. what I want to know is why I cant have a dealer custom tune my bike for the breather and pipes, I want my hog to run good. My main objective is longjevity, and that classic acceleration and decelleration sound of a harley. I have read all the lean vs rich and epa stuff, but cant they tweek it to get it to run better. I just got this bike and have spent a ton of money on it and feel disapointed that I am having these problems. Can anyone help me please.
Thanks to everyone!!!!!
Rhys

Sounds like you've done a good job trying different options. Someone smarter than I will come along soon with more suggestions for the Do It Yourselfer.

My suggestion is to try a search online for a Independent Shop that does the kind of work you want and is familiar with Harley Davidson engines.

Something like, "Harley repair yourcity Indiana". Then, be ready to make some phone calls.

I have talked to the guys at vance and hines several times, and to be honest it seems as if I keep getting the guys that dont realy care. they just say go with the values on the website where you enter all of your info to recive the values. I have bypassed them and sent three seprate personal map inqueiers to the tech. email, and it says they will get back with me, butt thats going on about two and a half weeks. I am just worried im killing my bike. I am a automotive mechanic, but I have no knowledge on bikes. And your right on finding a good person to work on them, I went to a dealer just to buy parts and he acted like I was asking him to remove the parts from his bike to put on mine, and I was just there for oil and to ask a few questions "must be hard working around harleys all day", so I wont shop there any longer. I am not really shure what a stage on is. I thought it was a computer tune to the ECM/Computer. is that correct? by the way love the quote under your post!

What would happen if I run this screaming eagal cold air breather, and my vance&hines big shots long without the Vance&Hines fuelpak on my bike, my computer hasnt had any tunes put on it its stock configeration.

It would work fine. You may want to check out the TFI. It's a bit easier to work with and great tech support right here on the forum.

So,takeing the V&C programmer with my mods wont make it run bad, overheat, burn holes in my pistons, and kill my bike like they said.

It would work fine. You may want to check out the TFI. It's a bit easier to work with and great tech support right here on the forum.

Glider is right (again!) Doebeck has been easy to deal with. From purchase, through support. I wouldn't hesitate recommending them.
WAP.gif

I looked at the TFI online, only problem is I just bought the fuelpak. I will try to sell it on ebay or something. but I just dont know what to do for now, its 85 outside and beautiful, Im ready to ride. just dont want to tear up my ride. I contacted another harley shop and the guy said that he could do a dyno, but suggested putting a program in the computer, that way the fuelpak wouldnt have to compensate so much to hit peek performance. I tried to explain that Im not looking to have the fastest bike just a good running bike with my aftermarket breather and pipes. he said the tune they use for the 103 motor with breather and pipes would work good. I just dont know,cause they are all trying to sell something.

Back