free website stats program 07' sg no start.... | Harley Davidson Forums

07' sg no start....

acg8276

It's a two fold question. Rode my 07 SG home from work a couple days ago, when I tried to go for an evening scoot she wouldn't start, turned over fine but not start, I checked spark, did a little research and thought I had a relay issue. Raised bike of a lift Swapped Brake Light relay for starter relay and still no luck, security lights started flashing constant, I replaced fob batt and got those to stop. Now I get nothing at all when I hit the start switch. Battery has been kept charged, I've load tested it and it seems fine. I replaced two relays, checked power to starter itself.....one thing is I get no juice to the small black wire @ starter which I was expecting when I used a test light and hit the starter switch....no the kill switch is not on, I've tightened the starter bolts themselves for better ground contact......

Any suggestions??

Second part, I unplugged after market tuner to go back to normal and I cannot for the life of me get the O2 sensors reconnected / plugged back together. Is there some trick to these?

The small wire on the starter solenoid should have 12Vdc when you hit the start button, but the Run/Kill switch has to be in the the Run position. The O2 sensors should plug back in unless your tuner used a different O2 sensor. What tuner was on it?
tourbox

Thanks for the input, she is running again, I'm not certain what my initial problem was, I cleaned battery connection, the two main grounds, replaced two relays and popped the fuel line off and back on. I think my first problem was fuel related. After that I think there was some operater error with a wire connection. The O2 sensor had nothing to do with my problem, when I removed the tuner from the problem I simply wanted to plug the sensors back in, well on the end that goes back to the ECM there is a green wire across the terminals in the connector which won't allow me to plug them back together. ??? I unplugged them when I installed the tuner... I have no idea what that is about, I cut one out and it appeared to be a little diode in the thing, anyway, tuner back in the loop and I don't need to worry about the thing.

Back