07' sg no start....

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by acg8276, Jun 6, 2014.

1. acg8276

acg8276 New Member

It's a two fold question. Rode my 07 SG home from work a couple days ago, when I tried to go for an evening scoot she wouldn't start, turned over fine but not start, I checked spark, did a little research and thought I had a relay issue. Raised bike of a lift Swapped Brake Light relay for starter relay and still no luck, security lights started flashing constant, I replaced fob batt and got those to stop. Now I get nothing at all when I hit the start switch. Battery has been kept charged, I've load tested it and it seems fine. I replaced two relays, checked power to starter itself.....one thing is I get no juice to the small black wire @ starter which I was expecting when I used a test light and hit the starter switch....no the kill switch is not on, I've tightened the starter bolts themselves for better ground contact......

Any suggestions??

Second part, I unplugged after market tuner to go back to normal and I cannot for the life of me get the O2 sensors reconnected / plugged back together. Is there some trick to these?

2. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

The small wire on the starter solenoid should have 12Vdc when you hit the start button, but the Run/Kill switch has to be in the the Run position. The O2 sensors should plug back in unless your tuner used a different O2 sensor. What tuner was on it?
    tourbox

3. acg8276

acg8276 New Member

Thanks for the input, she is running again, I'm not certain what my initial problem was, I cleaned battery connection, the two main grounds, replaced two relays and popped the fuel line off and back on. I think my first problem was fuel related. After that I think there was some operater error with a wire connection. The O2 sensor had nothing to do with my problem, when I removed the tuner from the problem I simply wanted to plug the sensors back in, well on the end that goes back to the ECM there is a green wire across the terminals in the connector which won't allow me to plug them back together. ??? I unplugged them when I installed the tuner... I have no idea what that is about, I cut one out and it appeared to be a little diode in the thing, anyway, tuner back in the loop and I don't need to worry about the thing.