free website stats program 07 Road King Wont Start | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Road King Wont Start

bigbearzfan

Hello all, newbe looking for answers.
I have an 07 RK classic that wont start. When I hit the start I can hear and feel the relay in the fuse box click but nothing happens. I put on some beach bars and ran the wires through the bars. All the connections are soldered and shrink tubed. Before I buttoned everything up and while splicing the wire I would check the functions of the switch and everything worked, the starter bumped, turn signals, fuel pump everything was fine. put it all back together and now nothing. I have ohmed and checked continuity on all the switches at the junction behind the headlight and everything checks out. All the grounds have been cleaned, battery is fully charged, all the fuses are good. it acts as though the security system is locking me out. I have manually entered the code to disarm and had the fob present but it doesn't matter. Normally when the security system locks it out the turn signals flash when I try to start it, but this is not the case here.
I am stumped, frustrated and getting really mad.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Jump across the solenoid with key on run switch on does it start? This will give you a starting point of what circuit is at fault JMO

Jump across the solenoid with key on run switch on does it start? This will give you a starting point of what circuit is at fault JMO

+1

You said battery charged....that doesnt mean its good. If it doesnt turn over doing what Jack said, load test battery.

Welcome to the forum from WI ( bigpackersfan :D )

Back