free website stats program 07 Road king..Good Deal or not? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Road king..Good Deal or not?

I think you can find a better deal if you look around and make lower offers, the price don't drop unless you make lower offers.

As always, the forum offer very sage advice. I have found that with everything you buy, price also depends on how badly the seller wants to part with it. You have found that the asking price is about right. You like the bike. Glider gives some good advice; go for some add ons (ie. free service, warranty, etc.). Don't be afraid to haggle. If you are truely interested, and the dealer knows that, trying to get a little bit more for your money is all part of it. Good luck....

Thanks Glider. They know I'm serious as I've been back 4 times. They tell me the owner won't budge and apparently the dealer wont either. Maybe your right. I'll wait it out. There are alot of bikes out there. This one is nice though, it caught my eye the first time in the place,

Best to wait if they don't want to play ball. Maybe even check Craigs list .org in your area. The market is very loose about now with a lot of bikes for sale. If you buy privately, you have a better chance of bargaining price.

The options are all I really was looking for initially right down to the detachable back rest, and a wide one for my girl. It makes her more comfortable and feels safer on the back, (she's tiny, but afraid). I did tell them about the 10K check, and about $6oo in merchandise I was going to buy. I'm not much one for haggling so I gave them the info, what I want and that I'll give them $15,500 plus my purchases and to let me know by close of business Monday. If they don't call I'll go farther than I wanted to in debt and get an 08 anniversary, stock road king for 17.4K. after losing the 1200 custom I had (Good bike, bad wife) I have been dying for a big one so a few more days won't kill me. Thanks for the advice and clearer headed thinking. Sometimes you see that shine and hear that rumble and it's all about getting on it and riding away. Will get back with the final outcome.

I think you can find a better deal if you look around and make lower offers, the price don't drop unless you make lower offers.

I agree. However, the market is not as loose as some seem to believe but I definitely believe there's a better deal. The key is being patient and not letting your emotions dictate a deal. I see way too many times when a previous buyer paid too much and tries to push their bad decision / purchase off on someone else when they want to sell.

Well the deal is done. It was just so (EDIT) nice. I got it for 15.6K. It has everything I wanted on it except an alarm. Sure I would have rather paid 15 but it was just what I wanted and no matter how many others I saw I kept coming back to that one. I'll try to figure out how to add a picture of it here. Thanks alot for all the input and advice. I don't think this will be the only time I will be seeking it.

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Back