free website stats program 07 Road King Custom Lakeland HD | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Road King Custom Lakeland HD

Mavagrand

Buddy bought a white 07 Road King Custom today at the dealer here in Lakeland. It's a pretty bike with 7500 miles on it. They gave him 4k for his trade in and he paid 10k for the bike. Bike had some extras on it, grips, floorboards and shifters. Buddy left all smiles. The sales manager said they were slow this morning but things picked up late in the day. Hopefully sales will continue to increase for this dealership, they've had a rough time of late.

(side bar) We went by Fun Bike Center before going to the Harley dealership...they had a 2011 Vulcan Vaquero (think StreetGlide) for 12.5K...yes, that 12.5K, brand new. Salesman said Kawi was kicking in with their dealers to get these bikes some exposure. I rode the bike, it was nice. Comes with options not available on the SG. Made me wish I was in the market for a new bike.

I'm not in the market for a new bike but I do remember reading the initial reviews of the Vaquero and I was intrigued. $12,500 is a deal!

I rode Kawasaki for 15 years the last 1 was a Nomad cruiser for 10 years which is like the Road King. Since I bought my 2008 EG I see where the Harley's are the best at what they do. The other seem to mimic and come close but its no where near the same as Harley.. The metrics just do not seem to have the soul and torque that a Harley gives you....

I agree, tried other bikes, but a Harley just hits all the senses in the right places the minute you hit the starter and it comes alive as does your biker heart and smile! :s

It's in the name. When you tell someone you ride a Harley, watch there face light up. When its some other brand they just say OK.

Definitely HARLEY !!!! I too have had other bikes, a Gold Wing and Honda Shadow. These are great motorcycles, but there just isn't the feeling one gets when riding a Harley; the vibration, the sound, etc. I LOVE MY HARLEY!

I had to get rid of my previous trike [can am], too much down time i never knew when or were it would break down. So after 35+ years of riding and never having a Harley i decided to take a T/G for a test ride. The soon as i hit the start button, I knew i had to buy it, Just something about the feel.
I still ride my 6n [kaw] every now and then, But it just doesn't have the feel.

Sold my Kaw Vulcan 1500E and scratched Harley off my 'bucket list'

07 Softail Custom best bike decision I ever made. made a few mods and it is the bike I always wanted. :)

Back