free website stats program 07 nightrain dies | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 nightrain dies

You don't have to perform a WOW test every time. The sequence of the check engine light tells you what you need to know.

On for 4 seconds then off & stays Off=> No current & No historical.
On for 4 seconds, Off for 4 seconds, ON for eight seconds, then OFF=> no current codes but does have logged historical.
On for 4 seconds, Off for 4 seconds, Then On and stays ON (beyond 8 seconds) .=> Current code exists.

An example of data you must collect if you want to fix this problem with as few attempts and parts as possible.
You start the bike, watch the check engine light and your clean of current and historical. Now while riding the engine just quits. Immediately do a WOW test to see what the ECM grabbed.

You have to start out with a clean slate because a collection of codes over time does not tell you what you need to know.

For BOTH a P1002 & P1003 to post at exactly the same time, would require you to have 2 problems or a VERY unique set of circumstances. You need to see when the bike quits and won't start,, do you ONLY have P026X error codes.

Based on those 6 codes, if you just drop this bike off to the dealership without any detail info (similar to what I am asking),, that guy may be in for some fun & games fixing this problem.

In the past the p1002 came up first then the p1003. The p026x codes are the only ones that came up. But sometimes i will get a p1654 which i believe is a tach code which i dont have.

In the past the p1002 came up first then the p1003. The p026x codes are the only ones that came up. But sometimes i will get a p1654 which i believe is a tach code which i dont have.

I can't make sense of what your telling me. I therefore can't make a good call on what the problem could be. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but others may chime in with suggestions.

Hoople. Sorry to screw things up here. Okay when i first encounter a problem the first codes to show up are a p0261, and a p0263 then the next time i will usually get those two and p0262 and p0264. Then the next time all the p026x codes and i will get the p1002. Then the next time it will be all of the above plus a p1003. Now each time i have not cleared the previous codes. Hope this clears it up. Dealership has had it for going on 1 1/2 weeks now and still can't figure it out.

Back