free website stats program 07 Night Train Exhaust w/ EFI | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Night Train Exhaust w/ EFI

NYHarley

I am going to be putting V&H Short Shots on my 07 Night Train, and am new to the EFI bikes. What will I need to do for fuel? I am used to jetting carbs, never done anything with the EFI bikes.

You will need to add some fuel with some type of tuner. If you add a high flow air cleaner also, you will have a stage 1 set up. I did the set up and use a TFI tuner from dobeck performance. It was very easy, inexpensive and works great. There is a lot of info on this site under self help tips if you want to resurch it. I went with the TFI after reading the tips from some of the other people on here and I am glad I did.:s

I am going to be putting V&H Short Shots on my 07 Night Train, and am new to the EFI bikes. What will I need to do for fuel? I am used to jetting carbs, never done anything with the EFI bikes.

If you are an old carb tuner, you will probably like the TFI that JDaws suggested above. It will harken back to those days without having to drain the bowl and open it up to stuff a different jet in. Check this section out for lots of stuff on the tuners and particularly the TFI.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

your easiest bet will be the vance and hines fuelpak. it's very easy to install and program.
however, if you plan on future engine upgrades (big bore, cam, etc), or if you want to be able to tweak your settings at home, you should look into the tfi, power commander, tts mastertune, etc. these tuners have a wider range of tuning capability to deal with upgraded engine components.

tfi - good cause you don't need a computer - only a screwdriver to adjust settings - it works on the same principles as a carb.
other units (power commander etc) need a computer and dyno time to tune correctly, but they have a much wider range of tuning capabilities (ignition curve adjustments, individual cylinder settings, etc)

Back