free website stats program 07 Heritage - Rush 2.0" vs. 1.75" baffles | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Heritage - Rush 2.0" vs. 1.75" baffles

6Stringer

Thanks to all who responded to my earlier post about SE Street Perf mufflers. After hearing a set and further research, I'm not considering them. One HD dealer I went to refuses to even carry them saying they're no better than stock.
The sound I'm looking for is the classic deep bass Harley rumble, not sheer volume.

After reading about (thanks flstcdorr!) and hearing a set of Rush mufflers, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with them. They were on a 103" Road King and had 1.75 baffles. They were a little too loud for my taste but the service manager said they are louder on a 103" touring bike than they would be on a 96" Heritage. Also, it was indoors in the echoey service garage.

I've read nothing but praise about the sound and performance of Rush. The question now is should I go with the 2.0 or 1.75 baffles? Again, the deeper tone the better, not ear-splitting loud. I'd like to hear from others who have the Rush slip ons. If you want the sound I want, are you happy with them and what size baffles do you have?

C'mon spring. Gotta ride!

Have to agree with Fefaffer but for a different reason completely. If you give it some thought , the head pipes are 1 3/4" and if you go with the 2 " baffles the back pressure would be nill. The 1 3/4" baffles will work much better for you because the FI bikes need that back pressure to run right.
Been through this with a friend that insisted on the 2 1/2" baffles in the rush and couldn't get the bike to run right. It would bog down regardless of what settings he used on the fuel injection on the bottom end. Finally after many conversations and explaining that noise isn't speed, he went for the 1 3/4" baffles and was a happy camper after that. The bike ran much better and he's happy with it now with just the change in baffles.

I have the Rush 1.75's on my 07 Fatboy (96 cu. In. EFI). The sound is great..low tone rumble..barks when you start it up and when you goose it but nice tone and volume on the road. I did a lot of research because of what glider said. The 96's are set lean from the factory and the bigger the baffle the leaner it wants to run. The O2 sensors will adjust up to the 1.75 from what I found through my research. I also see your from Pittsburgh. I'm from Harrisburg. I called Rush and they told me that the 1.75's work fine in our climate without a Power Commander or similar type component. I do sometimes get some 'popping' when I'm backing down but I think it sounds like horsepower. Good luck.

Thanks all. Hey mykidsdadx3, I was just at Classic HD in Reading last night (in the area on business) and they had Rush 2.0's installed on several new bikes in the showroom. The parts tech there, Dave, was a big help. He fired up a softail with the 2.0's in the showroom and it was a little loud indoors. So he took the bike outside and fired it up and even drove it around the parking lot a few times so I could hear them accelerating. Sounded awesome. No question, they would make my 07 Heritage sound like it has (edited). I'm still curious about the 1.75's though and want to hear them before I decide. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
6stringer (acustic?) - happy to help. I've been told (by Rush and other experts) that going to the 2" will require a fuel management system, download and dyno to set it up right. The 2" makes it run leaner than the O2 sensors can accomodate. And a lean, hot engine will mean damage. Be careful and good luck.

Electric guitars - Fender Strat and Paul Reed Smith Custom 22. Blues guitarist. Stevie Ray, Tommy Castro, Coco Montoya, Walter Trout, old Allmans, etc.
Yeah, I got the same advice from the dealers I talked to. Rush told me that for the 2.0's, Power Commander has a download specifically for their mufflers that'll be sufficient and that I shoud be able to do without the dyno although that is always the optimal way to go. Like you said, they said I wouldn't need the PC and K&N for the 1.75's.
How would you compare the deepness of the rumble you get with your 1.75's versus the 2.0's? Do they have the depth but just a little quieter?

Sorry ...Haven't heard the 2.0s yet. Just the 1.50s and 1.75s. A freind of mine got the 1.50s and decided he's going to get the 1.75s after hearing mine.

I put the 2" on our 07 Heritage, I am 58 and think they are fine. Havent checked the DB"s with a meter, but I would guess 95 DB's or so. They are not as loud as my sons V&H BR 2-2 / stock baffles. You can talk with passinger at steady speed but talk when on it. love the deep sound at idle and when I get on it.. Did install SERT. and SEairbox,
dyno got 99% popping out and sounds great on decell...

Update - Last week the HD dealer allowed me to test drive the 1.75 baffles and afterwards, I decided to go with the 2.0 baffles, PCIII and K&N. The 1.75's had a nice tone at idle, but when on the throttle, the pitch was a little higher than what I was looking for. Just got the bike back today and took it for a 2 hour ride. Awesome sound and performance! Thick and meaty classic HD rumble at idle and cruise, and nice percussive bark when on the throttle. Exactly the sound I was looking for. It wasn't too loud - although that's subjective - but after 2 hours, no ringing ears. Also, I did not get the dyno done - just the PCIII and high flow air filter and the bike ran very smooth - no misses, popping on decel etc. At this point, I'm very satisfied. Thanks to all who weighed in with your comments. Ride safe all!

Back