07 FXST wont hold air on front tire

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by jwhitman07, Sep 15, 2008.

1. jwhitman07

jwhitman07 New Member

I have a 07 softail standard with spokes on the front. Ever since I bought the bike(used) I have had problems with the front tire losing air at the valve stem. The dealership charged $80 to fix it by suppossedly putting a tube in it, but it is still leaking at the valve stem.And it has a new rim since they scratched my other one. Is this a common problem?

2. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

I must not understand something here ??? ---- They put a tube in and it is still leaking at the valve stem ?????? Can you explain a little bit on that.

3. gs34

gs34 Junior Member

I would say they pinched the tube on installation. I would be taking it back to them for a re-do

4. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

Or the stem hole has a burr that's cutting the stems....

5. jwhitman07

jwhitman07 New Member

They claimed to put a tube in it. They also scatched my rim so they had to replace it, so actually this is happening on two differnt rims. Your probally right about them pinching the tub. I do plan on taking it back as soon as i have spare time. I was just wondering if this is common or an isolated event. Thanks for the replies.

6. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Has anyone thought to check the tire for a protuding object such as a small nail or screw.

7. krikket

krikket Active Member

If the rim and the tube have been replaced, but the tire is still leaking, (assuming they didn't nick the tube when they installed it) there must be something nipping at the inner tube like a nail, screw or rib bone.