free website stats program 07 FXST Front Wheel | Harley Davidson Forums

07 FXST Front Wheel

mrriehl

I have a 21 x 3" front wheel that will fit my bike. Can I mount a 90/90 x 21" tire on that wheel? Will it clear my fender?
HELP!!

Is your bike an FXSTC or straight Softail Standard?

Specs show a 19" wheel as the front with a 100/90H-19 for the Standard and Custom.

If you're asking if a 21" wheel will fit on there with the stock fender I would have to say I don't think it will. You're increasing the diameter and making the rim 1" closer to the fender. Any tire whould have to be a low profile tire to make up the difference. In the auto world you can get away with it.

Hopefully I'm understanding your question correctly and my 2007 model year specs are correct, but I could be misinformed. I thought all FXSTC's had 21" fronts with the exception of the Heritage, Fatboy's etc.

BigAl66,
The stock wheel on the 07 FXSTC is a 21x2.15 and the current tire is MH90x21 or 80/90x21.
I've seen a 21x2.15 wheel on the same bike with a 90/90x21. However, Ihave access to a 21.3 whell and need to know if the 90/90x21 tire will fit on that wheel.
Thanks!

Now I follow......the real issue won't be fender clearance but rather the bead seating properly on the rim. It's more of a safety issue. I've seen it done before but I personally wouldn't advise it. Others may chime in with their experience.

Next problem would be finding someone who will mount it. If the wrench knows the potential safety issue, they may refuse to do it. Proceed with caution if you decide to go ahead.

BigAl66:
Thanks. Sounds like I may need to go to a 120/70 x 21" tire. Now I'm wondering if that tire and wheel combo will clear my fender?

Back