free website stats program 07 FXDWG will not start | Harley Davidson Forums

07 FXDWG will not start

sean

Took the battery off the tender last night and installed on the bike. Bike has power but will not even crank over. Getting noise from the solenoid and the turn signals flash back and forth 17 times. I researched the forum first for answers but was lost by the info. I saw something about what the flashes mean but did not understand it. I have the service manual some where but can not find it at the moment. Do not know if this means any thing but the alarm does not chirp like usual. Going to clean the terminals and see if that works, but just concerned about the turn signals flashing.

Re: 07 FXWDG will not start

Yeah I have the keyless FOB. I upgraded the alarm right after I got the bike with HD's siren.

I got a "B1007 Ignition Line Over voltage Instruments" when I did the self diag. Checking the forum now for possible answers.

Checked the forum and the only thing I could do in my skill set, which is recommended here, was clean the terminals and check for crimped wires. Wires look good and cleaned the terminals but the problem is still there. Looks like I will have to take it to my local dealership and have them deal with it.:bigsmiley15:

Was really looking forward to riding today, oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a battery charger hooked to the bike while starting or an overcharged battery can cause this error code. (16.0 volts) Record all errors and clear error log. Now see if it will crank & start. If it does start, check the voltage across the battery while running at high RPM.

It could have been an error to protect the ECM from excessive voltage.

I did just take the battery off the battery tender. It was hooked up to the tender for five months while I was in Iraq. If the battery is overcharged how do I get it back to normal. I did try clearing the codes after I cleaned the terminals and that did not work. I got no new codes but the turn signals blink over and over when I turn on the bike still.

It almost sounds like the security system does not see the hands free fob and is going into alarm mode (without the siren).

If I leave my fob in the other room and try to use just the key, the amber turn signals go into alarm mode.

Could that be in your case also? Or does your bike not have the security system?

Just as a test, leave you fob in the other room and see if bike goes into real alarm mode.

It has the upgraded security alarm from HD. Going to try your suggestion right now.

Hoople,

Not sure if you are on to something or not. Just tried to start the bike with out the Fob and it did not start of course, just turn signals going back and forth. After the turn signals stop blinking I tried to get the audible alarm to go off by moving the bike with out the Fob. All I got was the turn signals going off but no audible alarm. So what gives?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I would say the internal battery in siren II is bad and key fob battery is bad.
If that was true, it would do exactly what is happening

Back