free website stats program 07 engine shut down while riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 engine shut down while riding

I checked and cleared the codes after the light came on, p1356 (Rear cylinder no combustion), I just seemed strange I hadn't had a problem till then, and like I said the bike had power, no sputtering, popping or dieing, I would think if the rear cylinder had no combustion, the the bike wouldn't run very well. the code came up 3 times in a row in a short series of rides, but it stayed off afterwards on the ride home.

Have you checked the rear cylinder plug and wire, maybe changed them. I have seen where the plug tip may be loose or wire not completely on the plug and it caused this code.

:33: I checked the plugs, and they looked fine, but I changed them anyway. What I've figured out is then engine light comes on when I get on the throttle going down the road then goes off when the RPMs smooth out, I don't get the light when theres no load on the engine, I got to be goin' down the road. I put some injector cleaner in see if maybe that'll clear it up, but like I said I don't notice a problem other than the engine light:dknow I think if I were running on 1 cylinder I'd feel it in the power. If the injector cleaner doesn't work I'll try changing the plug wires. I know I'm prolly crazy but I suspect the stable, just 'cause it happened about 5 miles after I put it in.:no

Only thing I can think of is something to do with the 02 sensors and the stabil giving a false reading. Maybe your feeling is warranted.

I'll be sure to let you and everyone know, if I figure it out, I'm not too worried cause it's just a light, so far I don't have a problem with how it's running. I was going to take it out today, and ride till I was empty, but it's pouring down rain and I need a new tire:56: 9500 miles on original tire............I don't like to ride on that one unless it's dry:14:

SPARK PLUG WIRES!!!, turns out the plug wire were the code culprit, guess the stabil thing was just a crazy cawikidink, I had some yellow revtecs put on at the 500 mile service. changed 'em back to stock and it went away..........:guitar

SPARK PLUG WIRES!!!, turns out the plug wire were the code culprit, guess the stabil thing was just a crazy cawikidink, I had some yellow revtecs put on at the 500 mile service. changed 'em back to stock and it went away..........:guitar
There you go. Change Plug wires and plugs every 10,000 miles, and run the best you can find, HD plug wires suck, VERY HIGH resistance and the SE plug wires they sell are same as stock just got SE printed on them.
I run Taylor wires and have had 0 problems since I switched.
By using the spark plugs to monitor for spark knock HD opened a can of worms they hadn't planed on. Any extra resistance in the plug or wires will cause all kinds of problems.
You got off easy by getting the codes before the wire fully puked and left you on the side of the rode.

Back