free website stats program 07 Engine Cutting Out | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Engine Cutting Out

glider.

BOT Machine
Posted by "wilks3"

My Buddys 07 RK was giving him fits with engine cutting out. All the usual suspects were changed out with no fix. It would set different codes at different times. Don't know the codes.

Problem? Mechanic found the fuel injection wiring harness had cut in two.

Some factory harness's were too short where they bend, with engine movement wires were breaking apart.

I have a buddy with an 07 SG, is this something the MOCO will take care of? Is it just certain models?

IMO if it is a problem because of the harness, the MOCO should make it right if they are aware of it and admit to it.

The same exact thing has happened to my 07 Street Glide. It was sputtering and when I poked at the rear injector wire it would correct it temporarily. I took the tank off and nosed around, did not see anything obvious so I put it back on and started it and had the same problem. Searched google again, found this post, took off the tank... again, moved the heat shielding back from the quick connect on the rear injector wire harness and about an 1 1/2" up both wires kinked, I pulled a little on it and it just came apart! 3 hours and a face full of gas later it is safe to say I am a little annoyed, but happy that it seems to be the only problem. My Harley dealer is closed today but they are certainly going to be getting a visit from me tomorrow. Thanks for the post!

Back