free website stats program 07 efi to 06 carb conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

07 efi to 06 carb conversion

hey everyone. its been awhile since ive been on here.
here is what im doing..... i have an 07 nightster and im converting it from efi to the 2006 style carb set up. my boss has an 06 with a carb and he has given me his stock ignition controler and carb. since the expensive stuff has been given to me im going to try and wire in the 06 controler to my existing wiring harness. only problem is i need a wiring diagram of the 06 sportster.
ive been all over the place and i cant seem to find one without buying the service manual. ive seen a couple different mods to doing this, one being to swap the cam cover and go to and 03 and earlier ign, the other being the new aftermarket ign controler. since i have this 06 modual there is no sence in buying another ignition.

any help in finding a wiring schematic would be great. also feel free to add any helpful comments or tips if anyone had done this.
thanks in advance!

steffan

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know if the 06 ignnition controler(tsm?tssm?) controls the security system and turn signals? im going to eliminate as much of this stuff as i can but i dont know if i can eliminate any of the extra stuff that gets controled by the modual.

FRANKENCHOKY the TSM (turn signal module) & TSSM (turn signal security module) were on the carbureted XL models, I believe the bank angle sensor was built in it, same as on new models it also shut blinkers off per the speedo. You can get as basic as you want, use old style flasher units, etc. I myself put a 94 evo on my 68 chop and used Rivera stainless steel weights with a dyno S ign. the best of old school but no points (from the past) or ignnition module w/rev limit (from the future) , you can go as primitive as you want, I would just stay away from square wheels:) :) :) You can do away with lots of clutter and just do bare bones wiring and go mechanical advance, plus you have arms, who needs turn signals. Never ask a guy named chopper what you need on a bike, besides the engine and the blonde the rest is dead weight. I have to ask a really stupid question, Why are you stepping back in time? Because you want to, I can respect that, but are there other reasons?

I'm wanting to go barebone as possible without having to purchase a bunch of stuff (ie new ignition). my reasons for this is because I owe more on this bike than what it worth (thanks to our economy) and I want a stripped down no (EDIT) bike. if I could have it my way it would be a kick only ironhead with a mag. but since I have this bike I'm gonna make it as close to what I want. I'm a less is more type of guy. the more stuff on there the more there is to break and leave you on the side of the road. the cost to do this conversion was pretty prohibitive but since I got the carb and ign mod for free....... its fair game.
WAP.gif

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
on my wiring diagram i have for the 06 ign modual it say there is a delphi bar map sensor and a diagnostic link connector. can anyone tell me what this bar map sensor does and if i can use this modual without wiring in the bar map sensor and diagnostic link. i just want this modual to function for the ignition only.

Back