free website stats program 07 E-Glide Tailight | Harley Davidson Forums

07 E-Glide Tailight

bigboy58

My 07 E-Glide has developed a short in where the tailight will not work,(it keeps blowing the fuse when you turn the switch on.) The high beam switch knocks out the running lights when placed in the high position only. Any suggestions on where to start,or does it (the bike) have a diagnostic plug in where it will send a code?? Finally, should this probably be looked after at the shop..I am not really good with elec. systems..Thanks

My 07 E-Glide has developed a short in where the tailight will not work,(it keeps blowing the fuse when you turn the switch on.) The high beam switch knocks out the running lights when placed in the high position only. Any suggestions on where to start,or does it (the bike) have a diagnostic plug in where it will send a code?? Finally, should this probably be looked after at the shop..I am not really good with elec. systems..Thanks

Look for a pinched or cut wire near the tail light assembly.
Look in the self help area for trouble shooting tips on elec. It's worth some time to "wiggle test" wires yourself before paying someone else.
The running lights are wired to go out when hi beam is on.

welcome bigboy...my 07 egc had a similar problem..the rear tire had rubbed thru the harness up inside the fender and the wires were shorted together. after I took the rear wheel off and straightened out the mess...no more problems...just a thought as to where to look...critter

By any chance did you recently have a rear tire changed? Would not be the first time I have seen this with a pinched wire under the rear fender:s

Back