free website stats program 07 Dyna wont start in the spring | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Dyna wont start in the spring

BBartlett87

I recently got my 2007 Dyna Super Glide out to get it ready for summer. I had left the battery connected without a tender, simply planning on running it every week or so. (I know rookie mistake...) When I tried to start it the lights came on as usual but there is no response when attempting to start. (I checked all my switches, gear and the battery terminals.) I charged the battery fully with no change. I have been researching the "storage mode" in the security system and haven't been able to find a solution. I'm assuming it has to do with the security system as I have read that it will disengage the starter completely when armed. It has the "H-DSSS" system in it, and I have both key fobs that worked fine when I put it away last fall. The strange thing is that I can move it without the lights flashing as if it was disarmed, but the key fobs have no effect on it when I turn it off and walk away; it would normally arm its self. Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like the battery is toast. Get yourself a new battery and install some leads so you can hook it up to a battery tender next year. Starting the bike up for a few minutes to keep a charge does more harm than good (condensation in the engine).

Welcome to the forum, do the signals start flashing when you try to start it? You can put both fobs on the other side of the house and then try moving it, see if the security is active. Another ting you can do is to enter your personal pin number to turn off the security. Also if you have a volt meter you can check your battery voltage. good luck

The battery is good and the connections are clean.

No flashing when I try to start it or move itand I dont have the pin. I bought it second hand... Cant I use the key fob somehow to redo the pin? Its like the security system is on and just completly non-responsive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can enter a new pin number, so long as you have a fob there when you do it.
On the 07 you have a clutch Interlock switch that will disable the starter if it's in gear, try pulling in the clutch one time when trying to start it one time just for the heck, also double check the engine run switch on the right handlebar and make sure it's set to run, it sounds like the security system is unarmed with the fobs ok. Also if it's been sitting it's possable the contact might not be getting made where the starter wire plugs into the starter on the right side, you can unplug that seeing that it's clean and replug it, then try starting again. Let me know after you try these things.

I have tried messing with the clutch, gears, run switch (many times), and starter connections. Still no change... I also tried reprogramming the PIN as descrobed in the Owner's Manual but was unsuccessful. With the Fob present I turned the ignition on-off-on-off-on and then pushed the L blinker 3 times followed by the R blinker 1 time. According to the manual the odomoter should have displayed the pin but the bike did not respond at all. I tried with the run/off switch in both positions while doing this with no luck. Any other ideas?

Back