free website stats program 07 Dyna Wideglide TFI Question | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Dyna Wideglide TFI Question

brentm

Hello, i installed a TFI unit (FI-1250ST) not long ago, with the factory settings
(G=2.30 Y=3.30 R=3.30 RPM=4), the bike runs fantastic and fuel economy is very good,
the only thing i notice is the idle speeds seems to be every so slightly higher (not alot),
can i just adjust one of the pots back slightly to slow town the idle? Thanks.

the only thing i notice is the idle speeds seems to be every so slightly higher (not alot),
can i just adjust one of the pots back slightly to slow town the idle? Thanks.

That's strange. Idle should not have changed. The idle target value is a function of crank sensor frequency driving the IAC stepper and not by an air/fuel ratio.

By how much has the idle changed?

I may be barking up the wrong tree, it seems ever so slightly faster (no a lot) but maybe its just me, or the bike was not 100% warmed up when I noticed it. Thanks.

The first pot (Green) controls the fuel at idle with your RPM pot set at 4:00. Adjusting the pot can help the smoothness at idle.

The first pot (Green) controls the fuel at idle with your RPM pot set at 4:00. Adjusting the pot can help the smoothness at idle.

Agree. I had to adjust the green pot when I had the TFI to smooth out the idle. The key is to fully warm your bike up so you do not have any of the warmup enrichments in the ECM taking place when your trying to set your idle.

Ride safe and have fun.

thanks for your reply's, I went for good ride on the weekend and noticed that its not 100% perfect on idle, as stated my 4 pots are set to the factory settings, after a HARD ride up the hills I noticed when we stopped coming down the other side (no throttle on for 20 sec's or so) that when I finally stopped the bike didn't idle it stopped, started good as gold and then idled straight away no problems, doesn't seem to go back to a smooth idle after harder riding straight away takes a wee bit of time to settle, good as gold when just cruising around not pushing the bike to hard, do you have any suggestions on what pot to turn were, bike runs perfect apart from this, it is so close to being correct. Regards Brent.

Brent,

What modifications do you have to your Harley?

One thing to note about coming down the hill without any throttle for that long is that Harley will actually shut off the injectors until a TPS change is noted or the RPM gets low enough.

Since you haven't listed any modifications if I were to assume you had a stock bike then I would turn the first 2 pots back down a little. Set G=2.00 and Y=3.00.

sorry, i have standard style Screaming Eagle slash cut pipes and a Forcewinder Xr2 air intake. thanks

I would just back off the Yellow then and if it continues to act the way as stated then back off the Red pot.

From your statements I would have to say your bike is running a little rich and when able to burn away the extra fuel is when it cleans itself up.

Back