free website stats program 07 Dyna lower fork covers | Harley Davidson Forums

07 Dyna lower fork covers

rebels1

Greetings, wondering what the cheapest route would be to either buy chrome covers for the lower forks ,due to them being pitted and all or to sand them down and polish them . Or maybe just relace them with chrome ,which at this time I do not have the $ to have that done right now . If anyone knows of anyone who stocks the covers ,I would really like to know . On the sanding them and polishing them ,does any one know how to do this and give me directions to get this done . Thanks ahead of time for the info !!!!!!

Greetings, wondering what the cheapest route would be to either buy chrome covers for the lower forks ,due to them being pitted and all or to sand them down and polish them . Or maybe just relace them with chrome ,which at this time I do not have the $ to have that done right now . If anyone knows of anyone who stocks the covers ,I would really like to know . On the sanding them and polishing them ,does any one know how to do this and give me directions to get this done . Thanks ahead of time for the info !!!!!!

How did they get so pitted? Too close to the ocean?

I seem to recall some chrome covers possibly in a Kuryakyn catalog. I think they were called skins.

I polished the lower forks on my Dyna many years ago, and have been happy with the results. You need to remove front wheel, fender and calipers. Use paint remover to get the HD clear sealer off. Sand the legs with progressively finer wet/dry (start around 600) until very smooth. I used coarser to smooth the rough areas around the caliper boss, drain plug etc. Then start using Simichrome, Mothers mag, Bush's or other alum. polish until you are satisfied.
Not a quick process, but cheap.

Back