free website stats program 07 checkin | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 checkin

Hot-rodded motor, heavy hand, lots of two-up with full load on, and pushed past over 25,000 this month. No problems.:lero

Purchased my 07 Road King with 11k miles. I now have 16k miles and haven't had any issues, except for the primary seal that went bad. I'm happy with my bike.

I have an 07 that I just bought in May. Had 8300 miles on it when I bought it. Have only put 1500 miles on it so far. Other than being a little noisy fifth gear, I have no problems.

The 5th gear noise is normal due to the straight cut gear teeth on the 5th gear. All the others are helical cut.

07 flhx, 22600 mi. runs great for me and now even better with some of the info from this forum, i changed to spectro in primary and Trans. Installed the shift zerk fitting, and got new free tire with my ext. warranty. :D
adjusted the clutch, As per video from this site. Saved a bundle of dough (Gas money)...Lubed throttle, and clutch..from this site also.
Changed plugs, and last but not least will change oil to spectro or M1..
In and case...my 07 runs i feel better then before..seems giddiup is better and smooooooooother!!!have fun and i like 5th gear noise lets me know i am in 5th and no guessing. :s

Ahead of you on that. The Spectro is on the shelf, with some mobil One and MSpectro primary. Going in the bike today or tomorrow.
Preacher, get that HD oil out of the gearbox and put some Spectro platinum in it:D

My 07 has 26,000 miles on it,no crank issues and I ride it hard,but I have a buddy who rides his like it's his baby and it tore itself up at 6000 miles. Luck of the draw I guess.

I was aware of that when I bought it. Not a problem, going to put some Spectro in it today. Not as noisy as my c50.
The 5th gear noise is normal due to the straight cut gear teeth on the 5th gear. All the others are helical cut.

I have read about those, but no time for the install. I am currently starting a biker church and pastoring a traditional church. No time for mods. I will ride it the way it is.
Have you looked into the IDS system? It works well.

IDS Drive System - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:

correct me if I'm wrong - but - didn't the older HD scoots have straight cut gears without the noise or am I off base here?

You are correct in what you say, they were all straight cut gears but this is the excuse the MOCO is giving us for the poor design to get off the hook.

They think everyone is stupid!

The only problems I've had with my '07 SG were caused by me, I love the ride and the Street Glide in general, because it's a blank canvas for you to design your own ride.

Back