free website stats program 07 883L sportster Problem!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

07 883L sportster Problem!!!!

Pull the plugs, ground the high tension wire connections to ground, when you do the visual starter load test, spin up the moter, should not hear a clunk and engine should turn freely. What I meant by filled cylinder or obstruction, is when a "clunk" sound immediately stops the engine cranking (which sounded like your initial description). During compression stroke, with both valves shut, so if water/oil is in the cylinder, before the piston gets to top dead center both valves are closed "cam lead timing" water/oil cannot be compressed and will halt the starter/engine rotating motion with a loud *clunk* and could damage something. Water could have entered exhaust/intake valves via exhaust/carb throat if water pressure was high and got in exactly the wrong place.

She's Running wooooooooohoooooooo!!!!! It had to be when i covered it with alarm on. Then the alarm was set for some reason from cover? And drowned the battery while i was sleeping. I borrowed a charger and did it last night.......Hooked battery back up and Pounding like a jack hammer lol Thanks for all your help Gents!|!|! Im gonna post a pic of my bike in a minute.:cheers

Back