free website stats program 07 0wners ????? | Harley Davidson Forums

07 0wners ?????

blues821

well its been 2yrs now since the 07 hit the road and alot has been said about all the issues theyve had .. i just wondering has anyone out there come up with any real info into the crankshaft issue ??? ive only red of a few that it actually happened to .... mostly its just people complaining about it .. i own a 07 rkc so im just curious if anyone has gotten any real info on it and not just internet sewage.....

keith

My unserstanding of the crank shaft thing is some of the 103's that have been run hard have had problems I have not met one person in real life that has had a problem.

I know one person who had his fail, and yes he ran it hard, it think he had just over 20,000 on it when it went

it was the screaming eagle 103", I don't know all the specifics on the bike, I'd have to all and ask.

The crank is a real issue, how wide spread it is is another story. If they have any that fail, it shows a weakness in the unit IMO and should be upgraded to a better design.

well glider do you have any idea as to how wide spread it is ? ive been trying for several months to get some real info on this but cant seem to come up with any ... ive done some polls on other sights and it doesnt seem all that wide spread but who knows .. i was kinda hopeing you guys here would know ,this is one of the better sites so i just thought id throw it out there
keith

Can't put any numbers or % on it unfortunately but as I said above, the crank should not be an issue IMO and they are. Compare the 96 cranks to the previous years as far as failure or run out and I think you will agree here.

oh ya i agree... glider ,they shouldnt but seems like something is happening i was just hopeing someone had some info that was a for sure type deal .. maybe build dates or early or late model yr problem ..i just cant seem to find anything solid on it ..but one thing for sure ive only seen 2-3 posts of people that it actually happened to and the rest seems to be just people itching about it .. ive tryed calling harley .... and ive even called some dealers in calif.and florida ,because those guys ride all yr and it just doesnt seem that wide spread ... i hang at a few of the biker bars in the area where i live and ive made a few friends there ,and one of which is the head tech at the dealership near my home and he stated to me that it wasnt all the wide spread so i dont know . my bike runs fine has great oil pressure and dont vibrate anymore than normal.. and im not hard on it ... so i quess ill just ride it and if it pukes well it pukes ..hopefully someone will eventually be able to shead some light on this subject some time soon so we'll all know for sure how big orsmall it really is keith

2007 FatBoy and wife's 2007 Deluxe... not one problem... FatBoy just over 20,000 miles and wife's Deluxe 15,000. Regular scheduled maintenance and that's all the bikes have seen the shop.

Back