free website stats program 06 Ultra CB Antenna Coil | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Ultra CB Antenna Coil

lafdbuf

Had to have my tour pak box replaced by Harley. Some "rocket scientist" connected all the CB antenna wires to the same screw on the antenna coil in the right rear of tour pak.

Anyone have a picture of the correct wiring for this? Or, an exploded view from a schematic??

I can't seem to find anyone who knows about this. Harley says they get the tour pak boxes from the supplier with the lights and coil already in them.

Shorting the antenna main wire directly to ground is not proper and can (probably did) damage the CB

Thanks

Had to have my tour pak box replaced by Harley. Some "rocket scientist" connected all the CB antenna wires to the same screw on the antenna coil in the right rear of tour pak.

Anyone have a picture of the correct wiring for this? Or, an exploded view from a schematic??

I can't seem to find anyone who knows about this. Harley says they get the tour pak boxes from the supplier with the lights and coil already in them.

Shorting the antenna main wire directly to ground is not proper and can (probably did) damage the CB

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. I read your post earlier, and had nothing for you. I was "window shopping" on the Harley Davidson web site just now and came across the cb antenna listing. At the bottom of that page, you can download the installation instructions. That should have what you need. Maybe I can paste the link. CB Antenna Kit | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

As long as you did not try to "transmit" you would not do any damage. You can listen all day long, just don't key the mike & transmit. I would love to see a picture of what they did.:)

A picture is attached. I found out more about this issue. It appears the wiring in the picture is correct. Looks to be shorted, and when checked with a meter, the center and ground contacts that plug into the antenna wire are shorted. Go figure??

Attachments

• coil.doc
    143.5 KB · Views: 24
Back