free website stats program 06 Street Glide Radio "short" | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Street Glide Radio "short"

D. Goodman

Have an 06 Street Glide and having the radio go on/off intermittently. Doesn's seem to happen at a bump or turn; just random. Recently replaced the battery, and it did not occur prior to that. Checked the battery terminal connections, and they seem to be ok. There are a bunch of wires with looper washers to both the positive and negative terminals. Could it be that at times they are not getting consistent connections? The bike has burped a couple times when this happens, but never completely shut down. Local Harley dealership told me I had a cracked faring bracket at last service. Thought they may have pinched a wire, and it finally wore through, but have got the courage up yet to try and remove and replace that faring to check. Anyone have suggestions on how to further troubleshoot, or having similiar issues?
Dg

Their is a thread under Communication and Radio that addresses this. My '08 does the same thing after replacing both sides with broken brackets within a year. It is covered under extended warranty and my Indie Co. is taking care of it. They said it is a very common situation and Harley knows about it.

If both the radio AND the bike are randomly burping, I'd suspect a wire or connection of some sort, especially since you just messed with the battery.

Check the tightness of every connection you can find. Wiggle some wires around while the bike's running and see if you can induce the burp.

Finally, don't be afraid to take off your outer fairing and check things in there. It's intimidating the first time you do it but it's no big deal.

Disconnected the battery. Did appear that the neg terminal wasnt flush or tight. Added washer so everything would sit flush, and snugged down. Went out for about twenty mins, and no issues. Hopefully it worked. Thanks for the input.

Disconnected the battery. Did appear that the neg terminal wasnt flush or tight. Added washer so everything would sit flush, and snugged down. Went out for about twenty mins, and no issues. Hopefully it worked. Thanks for the input.

Hope this does take care of the problem. PLEASE let us know one way or the other!

Back