free website stats program 06 street bob ignition problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

06 street bob ignition problem

New TSSM or a TSM if you don't want the alarm.

ECM isn't necessary unless there is something wrong with it.

Dealer has to assign the FOB's

IF you need an ECM it must be for your year and model bike. You probably will need a download changed to match your bike too.

As Glider said above, if you don't need or want the security module (TSSM), you will be able to change out the turn signal module (TSM) and remarry it to the bike. Neither of these changes requires you to change the ECM. If there is not an indication that something is wrong with the ECM, do not change it out. It has to be for you model and year. The cheapest route would be changing out to a TSM, but then you DO NOT have the security features. You will have to decide about that.

If you change out to a TSSM, you will have to take the bike to the Dealership to get the fobs and everything working. Have them give you the master manual code at that time. You can set your personal code when you get home.

TQ

The cheapest route would be changing out to a TSM, but then you DO NOT have the security features.
TQ

So...if i change only the TSM, i won't have key fobs and it will not be necesary to take the bike to a dealer.Witch, by the way, is far :31:
Anyhow, today i want to shipping the ECM to the nearest dealer, to ceck it out and see if it is ok.Wonder if it's posible to do that without the bike

And if i change only the TSM and remaried with the bike, won't ask the current code?It will "step" over it?

Thanks all of you for the help

Back again!

After riding other posts i finaly understand how it work's and the diference betwen TSM and TSSM.
Now the question is: I have to search a specific TSSM or TSM?A specific code or something?I ask you this because i don't have an orginal part's catalog,and i don't now were to search it.I send an email to the only Romanian dealer, but no answer back.
I find a used TSSM on ebay, but there is no key fob.This mean's that the security code is deactivated and it is ok to by it?
It is OK with a TSM to, i'm not verry intrested in the alarm,i just want to ride :(

So : any kind of TSM/TSSM?Used...new...

Please help, here in Romania are not so many Harley's, nobody can help me!!!
This 06 Street Bob, of course, it is my first Harley

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Gonna have to hope someone on here has the Parts Manual for the '06 Dynas and can look up the P/Ns for the TSM and TSSM for you. A used TSSM without the key fob is going to be worthless to you. You may get away with getting a used TSM online as long as it is the right P/N for your bike. I believe you will still have to go through the process to "marry" it to the bike. See here:

Marrying NEW TSM/TSSM To Bike (password relearn) - Harley Davidson Community

Marrying New TSSM To Bike - Harley Davidson Community

I don't think pulling the ECM off the bike and sending it somewhere for evaluation is of any value.

TQ

I hope some one here has the Parts Manual for the '06 Dynas and give me information about de P/N for TSM.I decide to go with a TSM insted of TSSM.Alarm is not that important, i just wonna start it up and ride.

Thanks

So....please...anyone now the TSM P/N, for a 2006 Street Bob?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
try 68921-07 or 68920-07

there's a few more here. latus-harley-davidson. com/Harley-Davidson-hd-2316-plist-2703.html

i cant post the link straight out so just remove the spaces before the .com

Back