free website stats program 06 Sportser 883 accessories questions | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Sportser 883 accessories questions

Tibo

I am in the process of buying a 06 Sportster 883. I am a first time owner of a motorcycle and would like to know what kinds of footboards and seats are available for this model. There is a Mustang solo seat on the machine already but the wife is excited about riding with me so I will have to add some accessories (if this is even possible). Are there relatively comfortable two-up seats with backrest (or modifications) that would work on this model? Also since I have to install passenger pegs for her I was considering footboards instead. I mostly see these accessories for the bigger machines and wonder what is available for the Sportster models. I know a bigger bike would probably be more comfortable but since I am new to motorcycles (and the price was right) the Sportster is what we will have for now. We are also no spring chickens so comfort (relatively speaking) is a priority. I know I am on a steep learning curve but am looking for any advice from folks here in the forums. Thanks for the help.

Welcome Tibo to HDTimeline...plenty of good stuff to read about making your riding more pleasurable and keep your bike running like a champ...check out the self help and search tabs at the top to get access to specific details as well as the very bottom to get to your specific "Sportsters" section. Attached is a link to the Sportster section of the 2009 HD Parts & Accessories Catalog, you will need Acrobat Reader to check it out...Enjoy:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_U...ories/2009_GMA_Catalog/HD_GMA09_sportster.pdf

I ride 06 1200c. For added comfort and passenger I installed from H-D parts and acc. catalog:
touring seat part no.52109-04
sissy bar part no. 52754-04
backrest part no. 51132-98
detachable sideplates no.53913-04
docking hardware no. 53529-04
I found both driver and passenger are now alot more comfortable. You should be able to get that catalog from your dealer. Dealers I've been to hand them out for free.

New HD74 Fan - Thanks for the tips. Will check out the self help and tips sections as well as the search tabs above. Plenty of places to go for information here.

Thanks Smitty901, Good advice. Before I buy I would prefer to get a feel for the seat. That is my main concern, the challenge of two riders on an 883. Neither my wife or I are "small build". I do want the riding experience for both of us to be a positive one. This is a major leap for both of us riding a real motorcycle. We have been riding a good sized scooter (150cc touring type) for quite a while but it strains it a great deal. The other things I hope will help in the early stages is that we live way out in the country so it should make gaining experience with the new machine less stressful. I definitely want to take this new experience slow. I've taken a motorcycle safety training course so I am up to speed on safety issues. I think what I need now is a lot of practice on quiet roads (before I take her riding with me).
Thanks again for the excellent advice about going to dealers. It helped alot.

Back