free website stats program 06 softail night train, removed tank to paint now won't fire up! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

06 softail night train, removed tank to paint now won't fire up!

dang I was wanting to see how this turned out I am fixing to pull my tins to paint also and wanted to know what to watch 4

Pictures are worth a thousand words, as you go about any major change, snap the pictures in order then you can look back on them JMO:s

I am fixing to pull my tins to paint also and wanted to know what to watch 4

Another suggestion would be to remove both battery cables before you start to take anything apart. Even if the key is in the off position, several wires are still hot and you don't want to be unplugging cables with hot pins.

One problem I've run into a couple of times is when I plug the fuel pump connector in on top of the fuel tank, theres three pins and had one of them bend over and the connector still snapped into place, only way I found the problem was to unplug the connector and look inside it with a flash light seeing one of the pins was bent. Bent it back in place with a small screw driver and everything was fine.

I was hoping this guy hadn't run away from the forum... I'm getting my tins back from the painter next weekend and was curious how the saga ended.

Back