free website stats program 06 softail night train, removed tank to paint now won't fire up! | Harley Davidson Forums

06 softail night train, removed tank to paint now won't fire up!

Mr_Blonde

hello, I just took my tins off to get painted. put it all back together smoothly but it won't fire up! it sound like its still injecting fuel just won't fire when it turns over. anyone have any idea whats going on or what i may have done or hooked up wrong? thanks a lot!

Did the gas tank /fuel line fitting "snap" back on securely. Did you put the fuel pump fuse back in. Is there enough gas in tank for pump to pick up? I know these are simple, but in the excitement of putting that beautiful new tank on,,, .

Last edited:
Ditto - Check all that stuff. Maybe pull your dash panel and make sure you got all connectors seated. All fuses in. Quick diconnect seated. You might try a little squirt of starter fluid to verify that its not an ignition issue.

Ditto - Check all that stuff. Maybe pull your dash panel and make sure you got all connectors seated. All fuses in. Quick diconnect seated. You might try a little squirt of starter fluid to verify that its not an ignition issue.

Dont use starter fluid way to combustible, tho Bulldog is on the right track here try a spray bottle of gas after verifying all fuel lines are secure

Good Jack. By little I mean very little! Not trying to start the thing, just seeing what side of the heads the problem is on

thanks alot guys! ill try it out again tonight

look like it may be an ignition problem, i can get no spark from either plug whatsoever. what could i even have tampered with taking the fuel tank off that is connected to the ignition? is there some wire?

Last edited by a moderator:
it sound like its still injecting fuel just won't fire when it turns over.

How can you tell by the sound that the injectors are injecting fuel.?

You may want to check all the fuses. Maybe while pulling it apart, something shorted and blew a fuse. Certainly worth a look. Also check to see if any codes are stored. I would be surprised if there were none. You should have a couple.

I just hate it when someone looses respect for the site rules when we are trying to help them. Especially if it's because they think we are demeaning them by asking basic questions.
Oh well,,, Next !:D

dang I was wanting to see how this turned out I am fixing to pull my tins to paint also and wanted to know what to watch 4

Back