free website stats program 06 RKC Ignition Fuse Blowing | Harley Davidson Forums

06 RKC Ignition Fuse Blowing

Went to get on the bike today and turned the ignition switch to "Ignition" turned the Run/Off switch to "Run" fuel pressure came up all the lights on the console turned off as normal. Soon as you hit the start button the ignition fuse pops. The bike has not been wet or has anything been done to the bike. Road it home yesterday evening from a show parked it in the garage and now she won't hit a lick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a short in the starting circuit. When you say it blows the Ign. fuse, will the motor still turn over,just no fire? What year is the bike? That would help to look at schematics. Do you have a shop manual?
tourbox

The motor doesn't move the fuse pops as soon as you hit the start button. I've already took the switch housing apart at the bars everything in there looked good. Next in going to look behind the headlight at some of those connections

HD06FLHR072.gif
This may help

Thanks anything will help. I already have all the schematics and a complete shop manual in PDF form on my computer. I'm still looking a various solutions and have not got anything to go my way yet, but I won't give up on her

Thanks for the drawing CAPITAL JACK, it helped me trace down the problem. Not sure if it was my fault or not but here is the problem. a few weeks ago I went to grease the neck and the grease fitting is hard to get to. So I installed a 45 degree one to take the place of the shorter straight one. I found three wires that looked like they got pinched behind the headlight. There was a orange with white strip and solid black and a solid grey. The solid grey was the worse of the three and just so happens it goes back to one side of the ignition fuse. That's where the drawing came in handy, it allowed me to go to next open spot to test the wires coming out of the fuse holder. This site is by far one the most compressive resources for all things Harley. Thank you all who helped. :newsmile01:

You may want to disconnect the wire going to the starter solenoid and then hit the switch. If the fuse blows it would be a problem from the starter button to the solenoid wire. Ruling out the solenoid & starter. It could be the starter relay. Isolate to sections. Or have you found the problem with the 3 pinched wires?
tourbox

Back