free website stats program 06 & newer Superglide tires | Harley Davidson Forums

06 & newer Superglide tires

Info for those with the 160/70/17 rear tire be aware the Metzler has raised the price of the ME880 in this size by $100 to around $249 [J&P] . That's just the price of the tire not including mounting & balancing!
Metzler tires are the best Harley tire IMO, but 2 OE Dumflops cost the same as 1 ME880.
Metzler raised prices across the board but most tires raised $10 - $20, not $100 jump!
Maybe Michelin will start making tires in that size at a more reasonable price, now that they have a HD contract to supply tires starting in 08.

I'm pretty sure that Michelin will take advantage of this fact and get on the band wagon for sure with the 160/70/17 rear tire like used on the deuce. I can see a modest increase like 10% or so but $100 is just not right at all. I wonder how this will affect sales of those tires.

I believe my '06 XL1200R has the dunlops on it, it still has the original tires. Should I look into getting a different kind of tire, when i need new ones, which probably isn't anytime soon. the bike has like 2230 miles on it. also, about how long should my tires last? I don't ever do burnouts or spin my tires at all.

With regular riding 10k miles on the rear is about average and the front is usually two rears to one front.

Back