free website stats program 06 FXSTI back fire | Harley Davidson Forums

06 FXSTI back fire

Goofuss

Hi I have an 06 FXSTI that I bought used.The first owner put screaming eagles on it. He also put on a high performance HD air filter. Now the back of my breather box has been taken off. The bike runs great when I am going down the highway, but when I back off the throttle to slow down it will spit and backfire. It also does not like to go slow. It run ruff if I have to ride from idle to about 25 mph. Is there anything that I can do to get it to run better. That will not break the bank? Maybe go back to the stock air filter. Thanks in advance!

It's a means of adjusting the fuel injection on the engine. Usually find them under the seat.

Looks something like this one.

bikeimages%5C1250st.jpg

shopexd.asp

Thanks, I will start by hunting down a stock air filter box and filter and see where that gets me. I can't believe the guy I got this from didn't keep his stock parts. I kept everything that I replaced on my 883.

I will look. I don't think that I do. I have had the seat off putting on my battery tender wires and didn't see anything like that.

I will look. I don't think that I do. I have had the seat off putting on my battery tender wires and didn't see anything like that.

can you contact the person you bought it from and ask what was done for stage one? It's possible the s.e.r.t. (screaming eagle race tuner) was installed. If that's the case it may be a bad Dyno tune.

A guy That I work with is getting me a stock air box to try. If this fixes the problem I will look for a used one.

Back