06 FXDBI intermittent problem

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by mikenuts, Feb 14, 2016.

1. mikenuts

mikenuts New Member

no codes bike starts misfiring backfiring and loss of power new.stator rotor voltage reg. ,fiuel pump hoses injectors crank shaft position sensor plugs wires.....im so at a loss. sometimes i can ride no problems other times i ride for an hour let her cool for an hour then she will act up all over again

2. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome aboard! Have you checked the injector wires closely? How about the temp. sensor?

Jack Klarich likes this.
  3. mikenuts

mikenuts New Member

i replaced the injector wires last weekend how do i test the temp sensor

4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Is your scoot bone stock or what upgrades? Have you checked for any air leaks?

Have you done a fuel rail pressure test?

Disregard post # 6, I noticed the info was removed.
    Here is what I found on the internet.

Book says...bike should not have run in the last 4hrs...
    remove sensor and check resistance..
    Should read between 1.4 and 6.9k based on ambient temp between 60-90 degrees F.

Be sure to check and clean connectors too. Inspect and follow wires as far as you can in the harness.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
    mikenuts likes this.
  5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

6. mikenuts

mikenuts New Member

thankyou for the info i will test the temp sensor in a couple days i hope thats what it is...already tested the stator and regulator again for the third time this week..i will take the battery to work and load test it its brand new but we all know that means nothing...im going to tear everything apart and check every wire on the bike i will let you know what i find in a few days... do you think a system relay would cause these problems?

7. mikenuts

mikenuts New Member

it a 95 package with 510 cams stage 1 upgrage with vance and hines shortys pipes everything else except primaryparts is stock

8. coopernicus

coopernicus Junior Member Contributor

oops my bad was going to ask if you had a tuner...never mind.