free website stats program 06 FXDBI intermittent problem | Harley Davidson Forums

06 FXDBI intermittent problem

mikenuts

no codes bike starts misfiring backfiring and loss of power new.stator rotor voltage reg. ,fiuel pump hoses injectors crank shaft position sensor plugs wires.....im so at a loss. sometimes i can ride no problems other times i ride for an hour let her cool for an hour then she will act up all over again

Welcome aboard! Have you checked the injector wires closely? How about the temp. sensor?

Is your scoot bone stock or what upgrades? Have you checked for any air leaks?

Have you done a fuel rail pressure test?

Disregard post # 6, I noticed the info was removed.
Here is what I found on the internet.

Book says...bike should not have run in the last 4hrs...
remove sensor and check resistance..
Should read between 1.4 and 6.9k based on ambient temp between 60-90 degrees F.

Be sure to check and clean connectors too. Inspect and follow wires as far as you can in the harness.

Last edited by a moderator:
thankyou for the info i will test the temp sensor in a couple days i hope thats what it is...already tested the stator and regulator again for the third time this week..i will take the battery to work and load test it its brand new but we all know that means nothing...im going to tear everything apart and check every wire on the bike i will let you know what i find in a few days... do you think a system relay would cause these problems?

it a 95 package with 510 cams stage 1 upgrage with vance and hines shortys pipes everything else except primaryparts is stock

Back