free website stats program 06 Electra Glide stereo..... | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Electra Glide stereo.....

hsoj10

OK, so I found out the jack in the fairing is to plug in and Ipod or Mp3 player. Then if I have the accessory switch on I have tunes through the speakers in the fairing. There is no stereo just the plug. Anyone know what type of system this is? I am trying to find out if I can hook it up to the stereo controls on the handlebars. Any help is appreciated. thanks. ( I circled the plug in red in the pic, sorry its not that great of a pic)

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 49
I have an input jack on the front of my radio for a 3.5mm stereo plug. In AUX, I can play that input (to the radio) device, and have volume control on the handle bar switches. I do not have any control over the input device itself.

Here is what it looks like:

3076d1241237903-aux_input-sirius_radio_3.jpg

TQ

I have an input jack on the front of my radio for a 3.5mm stereo plug. In AUX, I can play that input (to the radio) device, and have volume control on the handle bar switches. I do not have any control over the input device itself.

Here is what it looks like:

3076d1241237903-aux_input-sirius_radio_3.jpg

TQ

Mine does not have a stereo, and the handlebar controls will not control the volume when the Ipod is hooked up. I have to control volume and all from the Ipod. It sounds really good and is very loud. I am just curious what kind of system this is that will operate without a head unit. I assume all that is in the fairing it the speakers, maybe an amp and the plug for your pod. But, all I would like to do is control the volume from the handlebars and at this point I am not able to.

Back