free website stats program 06 electra glide cruise control | Harley Davidson Forums

06 electra glide cruise control

frogman6042

ok here it is--- i just bought a cruise kit from harley, and i had a friend say something about a cable running up along the frame neck from the factory for adding cruise. of all the stuff, and instructions i have seen theres nothing mention of this cable. can someone smarter than me please tell me about this thanks? ..........

Instructions included with HD stuff are usually pretty accurate, even if you have to read them multiple times to make sense of them! Bottom line - I wouldn't hesitate to call or walk in and talk to your dealer's service guys. Especially if you bought the kit from them.

yea i feel kind stupid now i went out after posting and took a really hard look at it and it seems to be a wire connector and not a cable so i should do a little more homework before i shoot my foot off again lol

Nah, just makes you part of the club. I'd have been banned long ago if they kicked you offf for stupid questions!

:D On the left side of your battery box (outside , under side cover) there are three holes which the cruise module bolts to. Then you route the cable (servo cable ) up along frame neck and intowards the (i assume throttle body being and 06). There shoudl be a nipple on there which mates to the servo end clip to allow the cruise unit to pull the throttle. There are little circle clips to hold cable in place. Under that side cover there witll be a special cable which will plug into the cruise unit and runs up under tank to headlight houseing. Where the new cruise switch units that came with kit will plug in when you replace the old switch housings. I assume the 06 is similar to mine however mine is a carb job. Hope that helps.:D

well i got it in and dont let anyone tell you its simple cause there lieing all works great with the exception of the cable that runs from the control mod it wants to stick comes on sets and holds but wont retract after you hit the brake checked cable and it is binding have no kinks in line just wont retracted so back to the dealer monday theres quite a bit to doing this project so if your not to mechicaly inclined dont attempt :bigsmiley22:

Back