free website stats program 06 Dyna FXDCI fuse layout? | Harley Davidson Forums

06 Dyna FXDCI fuse layout?

Vlongrider

I have been having some problems with my 06 dyna FXDCI I blow a fuse in the signals on the left side installing new Bars I pinched a wire, took the battery lose after the fuse blow. fixed the wire. I hooked the battery back up added a new fuse, Now I have no power to my fuel pump or start button?? A guy that has a Street bob told me I have to re-set the security system to unlock the the lock out?? Not sure what he is talking about?? I do have a deal on my key that is for turning on the alarm system one push set it 2 push's turns it off thats all I know about it?? I don't have an owners manual for this Bike and need to know the layout of the fuses? I found the blown fuse no problem and checked all the rest just to be safe but, after replacing the bad fuse still not power to the starter or fuel pump? HELP I'm At a Lose here and a little confused as to what the problem is??
Virg

Yes that was the first thing i checked. it works open in (off) and closed in (on) position using my volt ohms meter.

I have checked the speed-o for any DTC codes all say none" add all new fuse's and even bought a new 40 amp main fuse still nothing, could a relay be out Maybe? how do you check them and what one would I check? I see two in my fuse pannal? I sure hope I can get this dyna back up and running Never had problems with any of my Bikes like this before. where I live I have to haul the bike 48 miles to the dealer"
thanks for your time and help
Virg

Time to get out the schematic and open up the switch housings. Before you do that check the leads on the back of the key switch for power and go from there.

Any one have a 06 FXDCI Dyna schematic? anyone have an Idea what the heavy 10 or 11 gauge red wire with a gray female plug with a single lug inside is for? it's under the seat next to the battery?? I have checked it for power but no voltage there? it's an open female gray plug with No Cap?? Today I ordered a factory shop manual from Harley they said a week to 10 days before they will get it in this is the end of the 2nd week the Dyna has been down
Virg

Any one have a 06 FXDCI Dyna schematic? anyone have an Idea what the heavy 10 or 11 gauge red wire with a gray female plug with a single lug inside is for? it's under the seat next to the battery?? I have checked it for power but no voltage there? it's an open female gray plug with No Cap?? Today I ordered a factory shop manual from Harley they said a week to 10 days before they will get it in this is the end of the 2nd week the Dyna has been down
Virg

I have the shop manual for the '07 Dyna and the schematics show very few red wires. The ones I see are as follows, and keep in mind the actual connectors aren't shown nor are their physical locations:

1. Red from the crank position sensor to the ECM, terminal 30 (+). Doubtful this is your problem.

2. Red from the 40 amp fuse connector terminal A to the starter terminal. This would be a heavy gauge wire. The other wire at the starter is black and runs to the positive terminal of the battery.

3. Red from the 40 amp fuse connector terminal B to a junction where it splits. One wire goes to the ignition switch connector B (Batt B), one to a 15 amp fuse labeled J, or Battery, and the third to a 15 amp fuse labeled B, or ECM. A fourth red wire leads to the charging system where it terminates at a plug ahead of the regulator. The second wire at the plug is black and is a ground.

My guess is that an '07 FXDC would be very similar to an '06. If so, I'd suggest first checking the connection #2 above at both the starter and the main 40 amp fuse and secondarily the ignition switch to the fuse box.

Good luck.

UpDate
I dug into the handle bar switch housings wires all the way to where they plug in I found a Problem in the right side switch wiring. What I found was a Gray wire that was pulled out of the pin in the plug I was able to remove the pin and it looks like the pin was not crimped like the rest where I was able to clean the wire end up and put it back in the pin and recrimp it I also added a bit of solder to make sure it was not going to come out again. Now I have power to my starter but not power to my Ignition coil or my fuel pump? so I think I'll go back into the plug and recrimp all the pins and solder each of them. I guess I must have pulled on the wiring harnes a little to pull the lose gray wire out of the Pin? I'm thinking that is about the only way it could have been pulled out but for the fact it was not crimped like the rest.
any Other ideas would be a big help, I'm thinking the security system could be locking out the ignition and the pump?, I'll keep ya all updated as to what I find
thanks for your pointers
Virg

Thanks for looking into the wiring for me. I was able to find one Gray Wire so far that was pulled out of a pin in the right switch wireing harnes at the plug got that one fixed and now the starter works but I still have no power to my fuel pump or Ignition?
Virg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yahoo I got it figured out! It was a real simple thing, Problem was the System relay was stuck open, the contact was off one of the Pivit points in the relay unit, pulled the cap off could see it trying to work pushed it back on the pivit and it started working! I will order a new one in the morning just to have on hand in case this old relay gives me more problems, Thanks guys for all you time and support.
Virg

Back