free website stats program 06 choke / idle | Harley Davidson Forums

06 choke / idle

DZRyder

And again i look for enlightenment here on HDT. At start up i pull the choke out and it will not stay out, not a big problem, but it used to have to be pushed in after a few minutes. Is there an adjustment? Also, after engine is warmed up good when i stop at lights the idle is high, i listen to other bikes and you hear the potato idle. Should i adjust the idle cable and could this be connected to the choke problem?:33:

There is a plastic nut behind the choke knob bracket. Tighten it gently to adjust tension on the cable. You may have a vac leak causing your high idle. Spray some either around the back of the intake. If you notice a difference in the idle you have found your problem

And again i look for enlightenment here on HDT. At start up i pull the choke out and it will not stay out, not a big problem, but it used to have to be pushed in after a few minutes. Is there an adjustment? Also, after engine is warmed up good when i stop at lights the idle is high, i listen to other bikes and you hear the potato idle. Should i adjust the idle cable and could this be connected to the choke problem?:33:

The answers are in the self help forum. :D

Enricher Knob Tension - Harley Davidson Community

Much better choices than either. Due to it's extreme flammability, all you need is a source of ignition and the rest is history.

Not real sure what you mean? Behind the air cleaner back plate? Where might the leak be coming from. I noticed a tube coming down thru the frame between the cylinders that had been melted and a small hole is visible?

Not real sure what you mean? Behind the air cleaner back plate? Where might the leak be coming from. I noticed a tube coming down thru the frame between the cylinders that had been melted and a small hole is visible?
I'd be starting there.Sounds like you've just found your problem. Wouldnt you have to worry about the white thread getting sucked in ? I was always told to use water in a squirt bottle, But I cant say weather its good advice or not. GOOD Luck and let us Know.

Back