free website stats program 06 883 electrical | Harley Davidson Forums

06 883 electrical

Was riding and it died all lights went out. The only thing that worked is the neutral light. Found out that if you turn the key off and on three times and leave it on everything works and it will start right up. The spedo hasnt worked for a while not shure if its linked to this problem or not.

Welcome from So. Texas. That is a strange problem. How long can you ride ride it before it happens again?
Have you had the bike long? Sounds like a circuit breaker shorting out then resetting, but they don't use those any more. If you wait a while and then turn the key Once does it go back to start up?
tourbox

Well this has been going on for a while. I replaced all the fuzes and took every conection apart and put electrical grease on them checked the grounds replaced the battery twice. Some days i can go out turn it on everything works but the spedo and other days only thing that will come on is the neutral light.

I have it all seams good the only thing that really gets me is when i turn the key off and on three times and left it on for about 15 seconds everything came on and it fires right up. All but the spedo nothing works on it.

Have you checked for any codes? When you say "left it on for about 15 seconds everything came on and it fires right up. All but the spedo nothing works on it.", you don't have a light on in speedo back ground, no odometer reading, no check eng. lite, nothing. Does it ever come on? If not check your speedo connection or replace the speedo.
tourbox

Nothing comes on the speedo. What is a tourbox?
It is the large box on the back of a Dresser, above the rear fender.
You could get a wiring diagram of your unit and check for power to the speedo. If you don't have a service manual you need to get one. Either a factory (HD) or a Clymer.
tourbox

Back