free website stats program 05 night train engine and electrics cut out | Harley Davidson Forums

05 night train engine and electrics cut out

steve373

i start up bike ok ride 200 yards all lights and mileometer go out and engine stops ,i turn off ignition switch ,turn back on bike starts and runs goes another 200 yards and stops again. i have recently fitted an new oddessy battery so that is not a problem anyone else had similar problem

Recheck the connections on the battery first, check the run/ kill switch and ignition switch

i start up bike ok ride 200 yards all lights and mileometer go out and engine stops ,i turn off ignition switch ,turn back on bike starts and runs goes another 200 yards and stops again. i have recently fitted an new oddessy battery so that is not a problem anyone else had similar problem

Is it acting like it is getting no electricity, or no fuel. If fuel (like it is running out of fuel) check this:

Engine Dies And Runs In Spurts - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

thanks to all problem seems to be totally electrical as instruments go out,mileometer ,warning lights and it restarts if i tun ignition off and back on again but only runs for a short while

Looking at the age of the bike, the most used electrical item on the bike is the electro-mechanical devices...like the ignition switch. May have contaminants fouling up the contacts inside...

Does an '05 use Maxi fuses or resettable CB's. If resettable CB's, upgrade them to the proper size Maxi-Fuse.

Back